Anyone working on a new anvil?

Last fall I broke down and got a Emerson 150lb. It hurt a little. $$$ My 127lb Peter Wright is sitting on the floor. There is not a flat spot on it. I'm a part timer but a long time part timer! A anvil that will do it's job is a important part of a shop.

Last edited:
Last fall I broke down and got a Emerson 150lb. It hurt a little. $$$ My 127lb Peter Wright is sitting on the floor. There is not a flat spot on it. I'm a part timer but a long time part timer! A anvil that will no it's job is a important part of a shop.
That is why I am looking. Peter Wrights are known for developing a sway and mine has developed one. I have been using it for about eight years but there is no telling what kind of usage it got before me. An anvil does not have to be a precision flat piece of equipment but the sway bothers me. Of course it is right in the sweet spot. If I were buying an anvil strictly for knife making the Robin would be on the top of the list. Due to the fact that many times now the old anvils rival a new anvil in price but have no warranty, I am looking at new anvils.

Back