Antiqued Redwood Fighter

Erin Burke

Good evening dogs... hope everyone had a good weekend. Below is what I have been working on for the past couple of days... just finishing it at 1:30am this morning. This knife is very similar to the Bog Oak Fighter that I posted a few months back, but this one has a bit of antiquing done to the blade and mild steel fittings... as well as being outfitted with a really nice piece of Mark's Redwood Burl. The blade is flat-ground very thin, and it feels quite quick.

Some Stats:
Length: 10-5/8"
Blade : 5-3/8" (Tip to choil)
Steel: 1095 (from Kelly Cupples)
Handle: Stabilized Redwood Burl (Burl Source) w/ domed mild steel pin
Fittings: mild steel with black G10 spacer

8632719679_1c741990e8_b.jpg

8633826586_1ca108e353_b.jpg

This last photo shows a bit more of the wood's personality... but I think the color is skewed a bit warm.
8633826876_ce65c525fa_b.jpg

Erin

wow, what a beautiful knife! i love the fittings. i'm just looking at your linked flickr galleries, and i am really drawn to all of your work. quite inspirational. thanks for sharing!

Very Nice job .. Lovin the colors and the setting in the picture. Very Well Done .. I also love the sheath too , not to mention the knife is no joke either.. LOVE IT !

Erin,
That is a beautiful design,very well done. I really like the choice of materials and how you finished everything.

Thanks guys. I tried some new things on this knife, and feel like they came together really well. It has me riding high as I head into my next batch of work.
Erin

Back