Another burner problem with pics

Thank you Ed and everyone with ALL the help! Its making a lot of sense to me and im going to go ahead with the blown burner.

It will be a bit of a pain to re build but I figure its worth it. Idk why I went with my current design in the first place.
Apologies if my posts and replies seem a bit erratic. I have a lot of anxiety and depression issues to deal with and it seems to be messing with my mind/memory... I just want to get this project off my plate and get on with forging and learning.

Not at all!! Speaking for myself.... I understand what you're going through! I've been fighting with these health/lung issues for a decade+....and wasted 2 years of my life going through a bout of depression. I was so bad that at one time I was sitting on the back deck with my wife... telling her that I was sorry I wasn't going to be here for her. Now I look back at that, and can't believe it.....it seems as if it was somebody else, living in my body! Ugly time in my life.

On the burner....just make sure you order the "good" blower.....it'll last you a LONG time. Mine has been in service for over 20 years now! Shoot me over an email to CaffreyKnives@gmail.com...... I'll send you a little present. ;)

Last edited:
Back