Ambi sheath for Reese Ti tanto

C

Charlie Mike

Just made a leather carry rig for my Ti tanto. Has 2 belt loops fixed to a D ring salvaged from a dog collar. This allows it to be worn comfortably while seated. The inside is lined with in flesh side deerskin and it will hold the knife either way it gets resheathed. It's truly ambidextrous. I been wearing it all day with no problems. It's not completely finished but done enough to carry.

100_1144.jpg

100_1145.jpg

100_1146.jpg

100_1147.jpg

100_1148.jpg

100_1149.jpg

100_1150.jpg

Really like the pivot action of that rig- bet it is a comfortable carry... and the copper pins are cool looking.

Thanks. If it weren't for the skull crusher point, I'd almost forget I was carrying it.

Charlie Mike
Those cooper belt rivets are the strongest rivet out there. I use lots of them on saddles.
You can make a tool that domes them and gives them a complete different look.

Center punch the end of a round piece of steel the same dia. as the size rivet your using (5/8 rod matches the #9 belt rivet) Then using a drill bit the same size or slightly smaller just start the bit into the end of the rod.

Set your work on a bench iron after you've set all your rivets . Center the drilled rod end on your rivet and give it a good rap with a hammer. It will dome the rivet head and set the edges down in your leather. It gives your rivet a more finished look that you might like.

I like my doming tools about 6" long and have one for each size rivet I use.

No, I've never heat treated the ones I've made. They are mostly out of the rack round stock. The hammer end will bell out over time but I'm talking a couple thousand hammer blows.

Back