? about piggy back sheaths

JDW

I am planing to make a large camp knife, and a small utility knife as a pair, and would like to make the sheath for the small knife as part of the large sheath, maybe detachable, or permanetly attached. I need ideas to do this, pics of some like this, or any advice, would be appreciated.

Here is a link to the knives to be made, they will have matching handles for the set.http://whitesell-knives.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=45906131

Thanks in advance for any help, Dale

JDW here's a little set up I made for and take down knife and it's little companion piece. it hangs from the retention strap stud and the take downtool rides on the front of the little sheath.

Paul

Attachments

• 100_1456.jpg
    100_1456.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_1457.jpg
    100_1457.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 84
Paul, that is nice pair of knives, and sheaths are great 2thumbs, thanks for the pics. Wish my sheaths turned out that good. What do you think of using a line24 snap to hold the small sheath in this kind of setup? Where do you get the studs like you use?
Thanks again, Dale

That's a Sam Browne stud from Tandy/Leather Factory, stock number 1309-02 in Nickel over Brass, or 1309-01 in Brass. You will also need the setting anvil stock number 8112-00. I have used these for about three years INSTEAD of the line 20 and 24 snaps. I don't believe I would trust a line 24 completely in this application. The stud is a much more positive lock up.

Paul

Hi these are a couple that I have, hope it helps although the second is not a piggyback, I find it very comfortable.
Both sets of knives are Stuart Mitchell's out of Sheffield England, sheaths by Lawrence Duggan (Rapidboy) Belfast Northern Ireland.

CIMG0317.jpg

CIMG0318.jpg

CIMG0319.jpg

CIMG0320.jpg

Last edited:
Back