3.5" Kitchen utility

Benr.t

I just finished up this new model, and figured I would share pics and get opinions.
I know a lot of people end up using a paring knife more than anything else, but most parers aren't suited for board use. This is sort of a hybrid design or tiny gyuto. It's tall heel makes it well suited for use on a cutting board, and generous D shaped handle is very comfortable. This one is 13c28 stainless steel. The handle is some beautiful "Honey glow" Desert Ironwood, with fantastic chatoyance. It features one 1/8" copper pin and one of my 1/4" copper/carbon fiber hybrid pins.

Here are the specs.
OAL - 8 7/8"
Blade - 3.5"
Height at heel - 1.6"
Weight - 3.9oz

Wow Ben, great looking blade. Much different from what I might expect from you.I like the lines and it seems like it might work well for general use around the kitchen.

Maybe I'll get to handle it at the 5160 meeting tonight :)

Erik

Definitely looks like it was made for a board. I like the design. Unless I'm cutting through a cantaloupe or something bigger, I find myself reaching for one of my paring knives. This would be real handy in the kitchen. I think you nailed it on this one Ben. Thumbs up!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ben I just notice the shape of the handle scales. interesting to see a V shape on one side and round on the other. is it more ergonomic in the hand?

Erik

nice knife. could almost call it an ajikiri, which is a small deba. a small knife like this is probably the most versatile knife in the kitchen.

Back