New blade design, would like your opinion on the handle design

Diamond G Knives

hey Guys,
I've finished a new blade style for me. It's a semi spear point utility. I've got a handle sketched onto an outline of the blade would like your opinions. Good Bad or indifferent. The blade will be a very high layer count random, brass or stainless guard (please voice your vote) and a burl wood handle. have rosewood, ironwood, walnut and maple burl. Again, this is a new one for me and just wanted some input.

532179_360889744055456_1863912279_n[2].jpg

I appreciate your thoughts and input!

Thanks and God Bless
Mike

It is a good design. I use a very similar one for my knives. If you do it right it will be comfortable and easy to keep a hold of. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Yes, I like the combination. And, the materials all will fit. I don't think you can go wrong with your choices. Frank

Thanks Guys!
I've been out of the shop for several years an just getting back into it. I've never drawn a handle to a tracing like this. Sure seems like a good way to make mistakes on paper rather than on handle material!

Thanks and God Bless
Mike

The knife works visually for me. Consider making the whole knife, with handles installed, out of wood. You know, quick and dirty. I just use ripped 2 by 4's and superglue for the scales. Takes about an hour, but it's nice to have the feel of the knife before you cut a bunch of steel you don't end up happy with.

Duncan

Looks good. Not sure if the finger notch really serves a purpose, perhaps if it were a bit higher... brass would go good with rosewood or ironwood, stainless with the others, IMO.

Back