first sword or saber

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
ok this is not finished but its a start i still need to learn how to make a hilt this weekend this lady is going to show me how to make a mole for it. this sword is for a civil war re enactor its 36" long 42" over all its 60 layers of 1095,L-6,15n20,1084 it took all day to pound out i used a 100lbs little giant also made a matching bowie this sword is the same as the wife uses in her reenactments 1862 ames ,the top half of the sword is hollow ground and the edge is flat ground. i'll post the bowie below also.lots of pix's.
DSC01898.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01904.jpg
DSC01913.jpg

DSC01915.jpg

bowie made from the same billet.bowie has a 10" blade 1/4" thick i still might make it look like more of a fighter .
DSC01880.jpg

DSC01881.jpg

DSC01883.jpg

DSC01884.jpg

DSC01885.jpg

Clint you should finish up the sword and send it to me for safe keeping. The bowie can come too. I wouldn't want you to worry about how safe they would be in Cali. Both look great. Can't wait to see them complete.

thanks guys it been fun as soon as i make the hilt i'll show you . trying to learn how them hilts are made this week. then i'll make the sheath for it .

Clint you should finish up the sword and send it to me for safe keeping. The bowie can come too. I wouldn't want you to worry about how safe they would be in Cali. Both look great. Can't wait to see them complete.

HA HA HA "its in the mail"LOLOLO

O I tried to get this saber from Clint and darci tried but nothing doing ,we have had 10 people say they want it,there calling from the civil war renactments all over the country for this saber. he needs to make more ,movie stars are calling the house . LOL over some steel i dont get it LOL

Actually, Clint, Damascus is probably not historically accurate for the civil war. You should throw that right in your dumpster and start again.

Just let me know where your dumpster is. I want to make sure it is really in there. :)

See Clint people are worried for its well being. And with all those people wanting it you should send it for safe keeping.

Back