zipper club

Well, first you have to join a cheap motorcycle club... Sorry, couldn't help it.
A good place to find a cheap vest is at a local rally, motorcycle show or swap meet. The guys selling vests there don't have as much mark up, plus you can try the vest on and make sure it fits you correctly. Online guys are cheap, but if you have to send the vest back because of size issues, the shipping adds up.

I was just thinking of you, Steve. What's the latest word on you getting a 'zipper'?

I am scheduled for the installation of the zipper on Novemebr 24th. Desparately trying to get my next 3 months work done ahead of time.
Steve

Steve,don't overdo it man,
if cramming 3 months of work in ahead of schedule puts you in the zipper club ahead of schedule,
you end up even further behind!
Smoke rollin' up for you brother.

Steve, the surgery isn't that bad at all.:biggrin:It's the limitations after it.:mad:I am almost back to normal (whatever that is for me),I am up to 40# lifting.:3:It's been 6 weeks since the surgery.:1971_dancing_dog:

Last edited:
Thanks Guys
Right now I just wish it would be over with. This waiting is harder on me than the bloody surgery is going to be.
Steve

I send my best to you Steve !!! Like you said the waiting is tough. I was admitted to the hospital and had to wait 10 days before they could go ahead. First there wasn't an operating room available and then there wasn't a recovery room bed. When it did happen, I was out in the minimum recommended stay time. Again, my best. Frank

Thanks Guys
Right now I just wish it would be over with. This waiting is harder on me than the bloody surgery is going to be.
Steve

I don't know Steve... I've found that the waiting for a new custom knife to arrive is a bit more harder than what the surgery was. :1: I do remember I was more hungry after the surgery though. I ate that hospital food like it was a gourmet meal... to the point of ignoring my two well wishing visitors! :drool: All the best.

Steve, don't push too hard Dude. Don't want to get admitted early?
Knife still goods good, thanks.
Good luck and prayers, Dozier

Seven days after surgery and went into the shop for the first time. I got home on Monday and managed to stay out for 2 whole days. The surgery was not nearly as bad as I had thought it might be, the 5 days in hospital afterwards were pretty tough. I am absolutely amazed and baffled why the incisions don't hurt more. I have a cut that runs from my wrist to the inside of the elbow yet it really doesn't hurt. The chest is a bit achey but the only suprise there is that it is not more so.
I did learn something today though. Trying to work a surface grinder right now is not a bright idea.
Thanks for all the best wishes.
Steve

Good to hear you're taking it all in stride, Steve. Just be sure to contact your doc if something doesn't feel right. Your medication might have to be adjusted. The worse thing I remember is when they pulled the tube out of my throat in the recovery room. Everything else seemed like a 'walk in the park'. Nine years later the 'ticker' is still working fine but everything else has started to fall apart! :lol:

Hey Steve, glad to hear you're doing well and I look forward to seeing more of your work. Just don't try to do too much too fast.

Carey

Back