You know your obsessed with making knives when...

I knew I was way too deep into knife sharpening when I could tell the grit of the polishing pastes by their taste. (And I'm not kidding.)

When there are little pieces of wore out fine grit sand paper near every place you set and the kitchen table has several knives in various stages, a Ames hardness tester, metal polish and paste wax taking up most of the space. If I ever get married again the new wife might want to battle for territory.

When your wife no longer thinks knife making is an odd hobbie to have!

When friends an family bring scraps that they have found, because they know you will incorporate it into some odd thing.

When you realize that your 2 and half car garage has not seen a car in 2 years, and you have no plans of ever parking there again!

When a lady friend points out that your shop is not only three times the size of, but actually cleaner than, your living room :eek:

When you have 11 knife shaped paper weights and you've been eating bagels and peanut butter for a week because you spent the food money on steel.

Oh, is this supposed to be funny...

Jeff

When you're bud sends you an email pic of a scantily clad model holding a sword......

And it's only after ten minutes of examining the blade/guard/handle/pommel, not to mention the photographer's way of setting up the shot (lighting, balance, background) that you realize there's a half-naked women in the picture!

True story, swear to God!

Back