Wounded Warrior Project and a Personal Story, Thanks!

rootes_of_ohio

Over time I have supported a number of things here on Knifedogs.
Take a read, and consider offering your help.

Over the last year and a half, I've had the chance to learn how to eat right, exercise and make some other big changes to life. The result is that I've lost nearly 80 pounds and gained a great deal of strength and stamina. I still have 40 pounds more to lose. Many good things have happened in the last 18 months.

In the last 6 months, I've been working with Linda Vilagi,, a personal trainer at Mercy/Lorain County Metroparks Rec Center. Most of the rapid changes to my health and well-being have come in these last months. I used to take 7 different medications for all kinds of symptoms. Now I require none.

In April, I started running on the track at the Rec Center and could only do a couple of laps before being worn out. Slowly and carefully, with Linda's help and with practice, I've worked my way up to being able to run 3.5 miles at least once a week, along with my other fitness activities. I'm going to be doing that 3.5 mile run two times a week for the next month in preparation for the Fox 8 Fox Trot 5k on August 24th, here in Cleveland, Ohio

Part of doing the 5k is a personal thing.
Just a few months ago I could not run around the block.
Now I can do 3.5 miles, with some struggles, but I can do it.

The other part of doing this 5k is to raise a little money for the Wounded Warrior Project.
I'm grateful for living in a place where I've been able to make big changes to life.
I'm grateful for being able to live in a country where all kinds of choices are available.
This country would not exist if not for the sacrifices and struggles of our men and women in uniform.

https://fundraising.active.com/fundraiser/TimBalda2

Please go to the above web page and lend a hand to the Wounded Warrior Project.
I'm asking a lot of people to help a little.

The Wounded Warrior Project is a valuable resource for veterans.
$5 or $10 multiplied by a hundred people adds up very fast.
It's not always the amount of help you offer.
It's the fact that you take the time and make a gift from your heart.
It's that we are all grateful for the country we live in and for the people who make it possible.

It takes a village to raise a child.
It takes a nation to care for it's Wounded Warriors.

I'm going to be running on the 24th.
I hope you will lend a hand to the Wounded Warrior Project today.

Many Thanks!

Tim

Back