World Series

Justin Presson

Anyone watching the series? Man it was a nail biter last night. Means I live in KC and worked on the Royals grounds crew for 4 years I'm obviously a Royals fan.
Looks to be a good series.
JP

Yes, it was quite a game.
Glad the Royals won, but still disappointed they beat my Astros.
Couldn't believe that ending.
Wow.

Huge Royal Fan! Have been from the 1970's when my grandfather got me hooked. I used to listen to the games while fishing with him. It has been long enough, it is time to win another world championship. If it goes like last night, it should be a good one.

Everybody sing . . . "Let's go Royals!!!!"

DeMo

Rich I bet your were cursing while I was jumping up and down with that Astros series....what a comeback for the Royal's I think everyone thought it was over.

I agree DeMo its time to win a championship... This team and town deserves it was a long long stretch of bad baseball for awhile.

I couldn't believe it either Daniel, Gordon really bailed out Hosmer for missing that ground ball with a big home run and off a tough closer. I think they said that was his first blown save since July.

My kids, okay 2 out of 3, are Royal fans. One is a closet Royal fan, sort of. They think it is great to have Alex Gordon (former husker) on the team. His HR last night was a bomb!

With my current satellite package, I can see 140+ games a year for the Royals. I bet I watched at least a part of most of them the last few years. It is easy to keep up to date on the team.

My family travels to Kaufman stadium once a year, hopefully. This year we sat right behind the dugout about 10 rows up. Pretty good seats. The KC Royals players are sure good to their hometown fans.

The only drawback to all this winning is ticket prices have gone up considerably. When they stunk, cheap tickets and good seats were easy to get. Now, it is kind of expensive and harder to get good seats close to the field.

Their payroll went up like 30 million this year. Next year, probably even a little bit more. When Moose, Hosmer, Esky and Cain hit the open market, KC may not be able to keep all that talent on one team. Nonetheless, I am going to enjoy the ride while KC can afford it.

I am really interested to see what they do with Alex Gordon next year. He is a big name free agent and will garner a great deal of interest. He made 12-13 million this year. I cannot see how KC can pay him that into the future and keep their young guys at the same time. It will get interesting this summer.

In the meantime, only 3 more wins! "Let's go Royals!"

DeMo

I figured being from NB you would be a Gordon fan plus you have the Omaha Storm chasers there to.

I think it's going to be tough for them to keep Gordon and Zobrist both on the pay role, seems like they will have to chose one or the other.
I agree ticket prices and merchandize has went up, there for awhile you couldn't give Royals tickets away.

Battle of the hair tonight! Cueto vs deGrom

Justin

I have never been to a Storm Chaser game. I grew up near Omaha and remember going to Rosenblatt Stadium to watch the Omaha Royals. Times have changed a little bit. But a lot of the current Royals went through Omaha. I will get there eventually. AAA tickets are much more less costly.

IMHO Zobrist is staying. I think he will be playing second base next year in KC.

Infante is probably gone before next year. I do not see them keeping him at his current salary. He will get dumped. One of the young infielders will get a spot on the team (Mondesi, Colon or Cuthbert probably) to save some salary money for elsewhere.

Cueto will sign for big money elsewhere this offseason. I hope they keep Madsen, Medlen and Young. They worked cheap this year. Especially Young - really cheap for what the Royals got in return.

I really want to see Gordon stay in KC for his entire career. I bet he gives KC a hometown discount and stays, I hope. (5 years - 55 million give or take - no trade clause) His 9th inning homerun helps his cause to stay after a disappointing injury plagued year. He is my favorite player!!!! Please keep him.

My best guess is that another move will involve one of the current outfielders. Dyson, Orlando or Rios all need playing time and it will be hard to keep them all happy in the long run. Rios is the obvious choice because of his salary. Dyson and Orlando are still pretty cheap and are not really a fall off from Rios this year. But, who knows. Rios got hurt and then struggled this year. He is playing well right now.

FYI: Here is the official site of the KC Royals. http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=kc

Here is a listing of their salaries. http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/salaries/_/name/kc/kansas-city-royals

I have led your thread astray from your original intent. I'm sorry. I am just a big fan and always talk Royals baseball to anyone that will listen.

"Let's go Royals!"

DeMo

Haha nor worries I just thought it was kind of slow around here and I was excited about the game last night. Good to talk baseball.

I hope they keep Gordon to he is a solid guy and player and a home grown guy up through the farm system.

I was hoping some east coasters mets fans would chime in I would like to hear there take on the series and what people are saying that are not Royals fans.

Justin

Did you catch how many Mets fans invaded Kaufman Stadium last night? I was taken aback by their numbers. I did not expect to see that many of them in KC. I was very surprised.

DeMo

It looked like they had a section of all mets fans. I wonder when we go to NY how many royals fans will go....my guess is not many.

It looked like they had a section of all mets fans. I wonder when we go to NY how many royals fans will go....my guess is not many.

My thoughts exactly. Playing in NY is going to be tough. A few KC fans will be at the game. With 8 million people living there - some have to be KC fans. Right? Heck, Yankee fans may show up and root on the American League team. Or more importantly, root against the Mets. Maybe a long shot. But, I doubt a whole section will show up.

Game two (2) will be huge for KC, and I suppose NY. If KC can go up two games to none - it will very tough on NY to bounce back.

I sure do like KC's bullpen more than NY's bullpen. Close games should keep falling our way.

"Let's go Royals!"

Justin
I forgot to mention the game announcers all tended to like the NY Mets a little bit better than the KC Royals. Breaks my heart to see them all get let down last night. :biggrin:
DeMo

Justin

I forgot to mention that Salvador Perez is a stud for a catcher. He is my second favorite player. I hope the Royals keep him around for a long time. His biggest obstacle is he plays a lot of games at the catcher position and the toll on your body is immense in that regard. He really cannot play anywhere else very well. But, he is a beast behind the plate. Defensively, throwing out runners and controlling pitchers.

"Let's Go Royals!"

DeMo

Justin

I forgot to mention that Salvador Perez is a stud for a catcher. He is my second favorite player. I hope the Royals keep him around for a long time. His biggest obstacle is he plays a lot of games at the catcher position and the toll on your body is immense in that regard. He really cannot play anywhere else very well. But, he is a beast behind the plate. Defensively, throwing out runners and controlling pitchers.

"Let's Go Royals!"

DeMo
Could not agree more he calls a game good and has a gun to second. They have to give him more days off during regular season, heck this post season he has been beat up and still truck in.

Go Royals!!

You watching this DeMo!! These boys are on a roll! fun to watch and we got the good Cueto tonight.

Last edited:
I watched most of the gam from the 2nd inning on. I really thought the game was on tonight. My wife caught my mistake and sent me straight.

Cueto is going to like free agency. He was a beast last night. A two hit complete game in the World Series. Just awesome.

On to New York . . . we will see how they play there. Hopefully pull out at least one win and finish at the K in game 6.

Hosmer (my third favorite Royal) has quietly knocked in the winning run in game 1 and now game 2. MVP!!!

"Let's go Royals!"

Boy, would it not be great to see the Royals win the series 4 to 0.
That second game rocked.
They put it to the Mets just like they did my Astros.
(It is much more fun to see another team receive a very solid ask-whipping.)

Game 3 tonight....let's see if they can keep the line moving.

Yes Rich it is, I watched a lot of baseball where the Royals were on the receiving end of those ask whoopins so its nice to finally get to see the other side of the coin.

Back