Wood cutting

Gahagan

I have a slab of Buckeye burl that is odd shaped and is 2" thick I want it cut into two 1" pieces so That I can use them for display stands. Is there anyone that can do this for me? here is the piece I want cut.

Desperado002.jpg

How solid is the piece? I had issues running burl caps through the bandsaw just to have them fall apart... anyhow, if you can't get someone close to you to do it, I will be more than glad. I have to slab up some manzanita and madrone burl anyhow.

You must have some kind of band saw? For a piece like that I could use my 64 1/2" metal bandsaw and first cut it into handle size pieces, Then into 1" slabs and then bookmatch those and clean them up on a 4 x 36 or 6 x 48 sander.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

You must have some kind of band saw? For a piece like that I could use my 64 1/2" metal bandsaw and first cut it into handle size pieces, Then into 1" slabs and then bookmatch those and clean them up on a 4 x 36 or 6 x 48 sander.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

...and then send the pieces to me.
But then that would defeat his purpose of using two pieces for display stands.

I dont think ide cut the burl at all ide drill a couple shallow holes and make a wire rack using the burl as the back ground .

Still need it cut? I am probably 1.5 hour north of you. My bandsaw can cut 12" tall. I will be glad to cut it for you if you want.

Back