WIP- sneak peek update pic

It dosent have to be a taper Kevin. You can use a small wheel on the grinder (maybe an 1 1/4 - 1 1/2) and curve it toward a the same width at the bottom as the guard is thick. Uness up are looking at this as a fighting knife and want the finger protection. While I didn't say anything about the blade (I do like the shape and grind) and handle which is very nice indeed. The overall visual is above good and lifts your game to another level.

It dosent have to be a taper Kevin. You can use a small wheel on the grinder (maybe an 1 1/4 - 1 1/2) and curve it toward a the same width at the bottom as the guard is thick. Uness up are looking at this as a fighting knife and want the finger protection. While I didn't say anything about the blade (I do like the shape and grind) and handle which is very nice indeed. The overall visual is above good and lifts your game to another level.
Thanks Gary! I have a 2 inch wheel. It may be a little too big, but I will give it a shot.

I'd curve it on the sides from the very top, and some on the front. But that's just me, not you.
Ah, I see what you mean. I thought about doing that, but I was a little afraid of messing it up. I may give it a shot as it would look better for sure. Thanks for the input.

Ok so after going get this knife out of my neighbor’s yard (normally that’s where I throw them) three or four times, I have decided to start knife making again. I broke the spalted maple handle which made me mad, but I’m over it now lol. I have another piece of double dyed maple Burl; I think she’ll look nice... fingers crossed. I’ll post pics later today.

I’ll say this... this knife is fighting me back hard. This makes me appreciate the big dogs even more. As Paul Erdos once said, “problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back”. I feel it lol.

Kevin, I have no doubt that if you keep fighting back and learning and growing the skill sets you are practicing and trying to perfect, YOU have the ability to BE one of the big dawgs! No hype, no jive or bs, it is in you.

Back