WIP- sneak peek update pic

Kevin, I have no doubt that if you keep fighting back and learning and growing the skill sets you are practicing and trying to perfect, YOU have the ability to BE one of the big dawgs! No hype, no jive or bs, it is in you.
This is a tremendous compliment! Thank you very much. It means a great deal to me, seriously.

Kevin, can you show a pic of the tang with no handle on it?

Having to re-do it may afford the opportunity to address things you didn't get to before?
Ok... I’ll post a pic in a sec .... BUT... I have to say first that I would NEVER SELL or GIVE this knife to ANYONE. I’ve been working on this one for a while trying to finish it at all costs.... so... it is super ugly and I would never “trust” the knife. My dad (i don’t really include him in the “ANYONE” LOL) is just gonna cut onions with it. So here she goes lol.image.jpg

Ok... I’ll post a pic in a sec .... BUT... I have to say first that I would NEVER SELL or GIVE this knife to ANYONE. I’ve been working on this one for a while trying to finish it at all costs.... so... it is super ugly and I would never “trust” the knife. My dad (i don’t really include him in the “ANYONE” LOL) is just gonna cut onions with it. So here she goes lol.View attachment 65656

Ok....that answers my questions nicely. Thank you.

You could use a smaller diameter pin and cheat it way down to the bottom of the hole in the new handle so its closer to centered.

Your answer in this post is impressive. You have good insight and are learning rapidly. Can't wait to see your next attempt at this style.

Ok....that answers my questions nicely. Thank you.

You could use a smaller diameter pin and cheat it way down to the bottom of the hole in the new handle so its closer to centered.

Your answer in this post is impressive. You have good insight and are learning rapidly. Can't wait to see your next attempt at this style.
Thank you very much! Means a lot! I am going to try a .125 pin farther toward the butt end... I think I have room for it.

Update... I had forgotten that I already had a piece of wood with the hole drilled in the right spot. Those holes are actually a few sizes smaller than 3/16” so I pumped it all up with epoxy and no pin. The hole in the wood matched the hole in the butt end. I have it clamped super tight. My plan is to let it all dry and use the existing pin hole as a pilot whole for a 3/16” pin. The hole on the butt end was pretty close to center and had enough slack. I dug out a pretty good shaft to fill with epoxy so I’m thinking that the pin will be in a good solid material. Once it is super dry I’m going to drill through the pilot hole with a number 12 I think it is, mar up a 3/16 pin and epoxy it in place. I know it’s terrible lol, but the only thing he will fight with this knife is an onion or maybe a coon when he takes out the garbage and it’s sleeping on his four wheeler seat lol.

Ok... I’m still fighting this bad boy. The pin idea seemed to work. I’ve been trying to break it all day... seems to be super solid? I guess time will tell. Clamping was tough and I had to get creative to make sure everything stayed straight will drying. So why am I being sneaky with the pic? Hmm... marketing maybe? Lol ... no I really scratched everything up and have to do some sanding. I will definitely share pics as soon as it’s cleaned up a bit. Thanks for looking.7D5E16B6-0B93-4576-89FB-941594D06634.jpeg

Still not finished, but it’s getting closer. The copper spacer and micarta spacers aren’t crooked lol it’s an optical illusion ... I need to sand the bottom side of the handle. I’m super impressed with gflex. I have been chopping all kinds of stuff with it lol. But again, this one will be personal use only .... safety first. Thanks for looking! Critique please! This is not finished yet.CA58F838-0054-4BB0-8EB0-E1D451DC0B7E.jpegDB5ABAA6-2D4C-47FB-87E0-A8E4818D7583.jpeg1D55A8B9-30EE-41EF-A5F1-EA8498C8D9D8.jpeg

Back