Why isn't my Personalizer Plus etching machine working?

Lore

I just put my maker's mark in one 440 blade and everything went fine. I set up the next 440 blade and now my machine isn't etching.
All the lights are on and working
I'm using the same etching solution on the same 440 stainless.
How do I troubleshoot this? I can't figure out why this etching machine isn't working.

Are you sure both leads are connected? Every once in a while I forget to attach the clip on the Negative side. lol

Yes, both leads are connected. I just opened it up and nothing looks burnt or disconnected. I've only etched 4 things on this machine so it's still brand new.
Here's a video of what's going on...

[video=youtube;Et_INejsWyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_INejsWyM[/video]

Mine is due back from the factory on Monday. I had a switch go bad but there were definite signs like both etch and mark lights being on at the same time. I'd double check your set-up again and make sure each piece is correct. If it's still not working contact them; they were great to work with. Good luck!

Yes, both leads are connected. I just opened it up and nothing looks burnt or disconnected. I've only etched 4 things on this machine so it's still brand new.
Here's a video of what's going on...

[video=youtube;Et_INejsWyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_INejsWyM[/video]

If you bought it new, send it back. It will be a warranty exchange. It seems the lights are on, I would bet a connection came loose so it's not a complete circuit. I saw a multimeter in your video. Put it in series and see if you are getting any current? If the fuse was blown, I wouldn't think you would be getting lights on the box.

Not familiar with that machine but I've done a lot of etching.
If the hand peice uses a stainless screen....chuck it or sand it with some 400 grit paper. The screen gets covered in oxides and doesn't behave well after a couple etches. Make a simple hand peice with a 16 penny nail cut down to about 1-1/4", wrap the head with a peice of T-shirt and stick the power clip on the end....done.

Rudy

Based on what I am seeing in the video it looks like your switch is bad just like mine was. The Etch and Mark lights are on at the same time. They fixed me up and all I did was pay shipping back to them. Maybe a run of bad switches? Just send them an email if you haven't already.

Last edited:
Back