Whats in your Private Stash

Meridian Blades

Moderator - Knife Maker
I think we all have them. That place in the shop where all the special materials go you're hoping to save for a rainy day project of your own. I just added a piece to mine recently. Stuff is pretty cool I think.... What kind of things are in your pile (private stash)...Lets see some pics.

2-1-4.jpg

3-5.jpg

I have a 1/4" thick 11" chunk of Elmax and some jade g10 scales. I have an awesome recurve planned for myself, but tr only progress I've made is gluing my template to the billet.

I want one of those seed pods! Who sells them?

I have a 1/4" thick 11" chunk of Elmax and some jade g10 scales. I have an awesome recurve planned for myself, but tr only progress I've made is gluing my template to the billet.

I want one of those seed pods! Who sells them?

They are the same people as sell the pine cones that are dyed & Stabilized.
They are called a Banksia Pod. http://www.ankromexotics.com

I think they are out of them now? Check it out for yourself. Their may be other sources?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

They are the same people as sell the pine cones that are dyed & Stabilized.
They are called a Banksia Pod. http://www.ankromexotics.com

I think they are out of them now? Check it out for yourself. Their may be other sources?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Yep....... I bought some pods and had this one stabilized and then sent it down to Pat and he cast the blue metallic resin for me. I highly recommend Pat. He does an awesome job with casting and colors.... Larry

Those pods look pretty large. How many sets of scales have you gotten out of one?

Well this one might get used for something other than knife handles..........sshhhhhh! I did have a couple blocks done up for knife handles tho, and they were about half as thick as this block, so 1" thick x 1.75 wide x 6" long. Works good for scales but not so much for stick tang work since the hole patterns get funny in the center of the pod. L

Back