What is everyone working on

Not as ambitious as some of you. Just this one. Craig, this is a one-blade version of a certain three blade drawing you may have seen elsewhere. I did have to make some changes to the design to make it work, at least on paper. I have to fit up all the various aspects of the blade tang and see how it works for real. Oh yeah heat treat too. Wish me luck!Don

Attachments

• 122310.jpg
    122310.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 27
I've been working on the 2011 Custom Knife Collectors Association bowie to be auctioned off for Cancer Research.

021-1.jpg

Looking good Crockett. You will get it working just fine I am sure. Post some photos along the way and when it is finished.

Bruce that is going to be fantastic.

Some flippers and a couple of slipjoints. I don't know why, but the slippies really kick me in the behind.

Got five on the workbench currently. Photo inspired the top two knives in the photos
PS THanks Karl Anderson for the inspiration.

Attachments

• knife1.jpg
    knife1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 33
I am working on my first ever folder.It will be a liner-lock.

Many thanks,to Steve Janik,for the help.I think I have called him
every other day,with a question,for the last 2 months.

God bless,Keith

Some scrap damasteel and black lip mother of pearl is close to being turned into a little peanut pattern folder.

blacklipwip.jpg

Alistair

6 Hunters in CPM154, 2 Combat X in 3V and a 1095 Seax.
I've been facinated by the Seax since going to Kevin Cashens smelt. I'm still working on the sheath. A leather lined, Bear fur throated Maple sheath with ancient Germanic runes carved into the front.

Here are a few pics of the Seax. Forged from 1095 with a Sambar Stag, blued wrought iron, and silicon bronze handle. A small silicon bronze ring will be added to the butt.
FWIW, the blade is very bright. I'm not sure why the pics show a bluish tint unsure

seax3.jpg

seax4.jpg

seax2.jpg

seax1.jpg

Hope you like :)

2thumbs

David Wesner...That is a name I've got to remember! You've got some skillz, Brother!
If you don't mind me asking, how did you color the butt piece, the color is dynamic!!!! Seriously a great piece! Rex

Still getting the hang of the new camera, and I need a new light box

Del, If you check with Harbor Freight, they have a very nice (even for their standards) "Photo Studio", I think it is labeled Portable Photo Studio, it has a light tent, 2 lights with stands that retract inside the base, a blue piece of material that's used for a back drop, a satnd to hold the camera, not a tripod but good enough, the entire case IS the light tent, with pockets to hold everything in it. I saw the exact saw kit in Micro Mark for 89.99! HF price? 29.99, kick in a 20% off coupon and it was 23.99! Probably the best thing I've bought from them, and I buy a LOT from them, provided I can justify the cost/quality delima, AND their extended warranty is golden to me! My metal cutting bandsaw just pooped out, I was thinking I didn't buy the warranty, but had the wife look anyway, and lookerthere!!!!! I sure did, and it still has 23 days left on the warranty!!!! Took it back today, although they didn't have one in stock there is one on the truck tomorrow! I think the extended warranty was 59.00, basically for a brand new bandsaw, not bad in my book! Rex

This is in another thread as well.
The blade is gibeon meteorite shaped by Delbert Ealy.
md3.jpg

As usual, Del knocked this one out of the park!!! PHENOMENAL! I'm in search of a power hammer, and I keep watching Meteorite Men, on Discovery, I've got to make one of these, maybe not quite this size, I just love the way the nickle (I think) makes the angular lines, and then over laps themselves going in different directions, too awesome for words! Del, will one of these make a good to decent cutter? Or is it more of a San Mai construction? BEAUTIFUL work, I hope to get that good one day, either way ....I'll did trying! Rex

Here are 2 Im working on. I flat ground these out of a billet of our damascus that we acordian cut.. (Thanks to Bruce and a few others for the WIP and tutorials.. its been a great help!)

I added mosaic damascus bolsters to one of these and am planning on using musk ox horn on that one.. The smaller one will get 416 stainless hardware and bolsters. and Im thinking ivory handles!

I also have a damascus folder in progress. as well as a gut hook with ram horn handles in the works! Its a KNIFE LIFE!!!!

God Bless
Randy

Attachments

• explosion blades 030.jpg
    explosion blades 030.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 18
  • bolsters for sale 053.JPG
    bolsters for sale 053.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 19
Leaps and Bounds! Man O Man you guys are off and running.
btw thanks for tagging my name on your posts.
Here are 2 Im working on. I flat ground these out of a billet of our damascus that we acordian cut.. (Thanks to Bruce and a few others for the WIP and tutorials.. its been a great help!)

I added mosaic damascus bolsters to one of these and am planning on using musk ox horn on that one.. The smaller one will get 416 stainless hardware and bolsters. and Im thinking ivory handles!

I also have a damascus folder in progress. as well as a gut hook with ram horn handles in the works! Its a KNIFE LIFE!!!!

God Bless
Randy

Leaps and Bounds! Man O Man you guys are off and running.
btw thanks for tagging my name on your posts.

Thanks Bruce, God bless you, my man!
You may not know it, But you have been VERY influential to some of us new makers.. I cant speak for them.. But I can speak for myself.... and I say.. Thank you!!

I could go on and on.. But will leave it at this, God has blessed you with a great talent.. and you have blessed us by sharing it..

Respectfully,
Randy

Randy, thanks for the best kind of compliment. God did put this stuff in my head and its bursting to get out. You just seem to catching the overflow. He is abunduntly good to us.
Thanks Bruce, God bless you, my man!
You may not know it, But you have been VERY influential to some of us new makers.. I cant speak for them.. But I can speak for myself.... and I say.. Thank you!!

I could go on and on.. But will leave it at this, God has blessed you with a great talent.. and you have blessed us by sharing it..

Respectfully,
Randy

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. I have 2 forged blades that I am finishing the handles on, along with the handle 1 stock removal blade. I have another forged and another stock removal that are waiting on handles. Then there are these 2 that are waiting on sheaths:

DSCN1087.jpg

Both are stock removal from Kelly Cupple's 1080. Cherry handle on the left, curly rock maple on the right.

I have been wanting to make a folder for a while.This will be my first,as you can see
it is not finished,and there are several things that I am not happy with,but it was
definitely a learning experience.It is not finished,and I have 5 more cut out.I hope each
will be better than the last.

God bless,Keith

Blade is 1/8'' 1095
Titanium liners
Spine is bufflo horn
Brazilian Rosewood scales

Back