What do you do for a living

I've had several jobs and titles over the years but my longest run was with a large storage tank terminal on the east coast. I held several jobs within the company from Laboratory Technician, Tankcar Scheduler, Automated Truck Loading Trainer and Customer Service Representative. Seventeen years with this one company until it was sold in 2001, then another 6 years with the new company until I went out on disability for a hearing loss. Never did fully recover so now I'm practicing being the best coffee drinker and dog walker I can be. :running dog:

I have been a machinest for 26 years now, the last 14 at Rolls Royce Areospace North America in Indianaplois IN.
Before that I was a cook at several type of resteraunts ( greasy spoon to steak and seafood houses) 2thumbs 2thumbs

When folks ask me that question, I often tell them that I am an assassin for the government. I usually get a blank stare followed by, "Oh."

Actually, I do pest control work for the DOD on the local Air Force base but it sure is fun to see the responses.

Just doing my little part to help keep the the country safe. :D

Carey

I am a district guy for a large retailer. You've heard of them.
I go to a different store or two every day and work with the store manager to see every thing is heading the way it is supposed to. They are usually glad to see me come and help them out and then really glad to see me go when I've given them all the help they can stand that day. It normally doesn't take too long before I've worn out my welcome. I'm efficient that way. I've been with this company for 28 years and I've done this job for 16. I supervise anywhere from 9 to 14 stores at a time depending on the current alignment. Prior to that I was a store manager for another retail company. Before that I ran my fathers bar and grill for a few years.

I also dabble in knives and a few other knife related activities now and then on the side.

I wondered what the heck you did!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have guessed something in the machinist field. No wonder your store provides such great service.

I own Shadow Knives and make knives full time for myself, no help except what lora gives to the office and customers and such. usually 7 days a week unless she hollers alot about it.

After I left the Military , I was hired by the Post Office as a Letter Carrier ..... 26 years done with 4 years to go .
Developed a heart condition end of last year , been out of work for a few months because of it .​
Now they just gave me my walking papers on Fri , for missing so much time ..... 10 days to fight it , in 30 it takes effect . I'll probably win , but times are strange....
If I don't win I guess I'm gonna be a Full-time Maker sooner than I planned..... Been doing it Spare-time over 20 years ....​
Doing it spare time stunk anyway...​

After I left the Military , I was hired by the Post Office as a Letter Carrier ..... 26 years done with 4 years to go .
Developed a heart condition end of last year , been out of work for a few months because of it .​
Now they just gave me my walking papers on Fri , for missing so much time ..... 10 days to fight it , in 30 it takes effect . I'll probably win , but times are strange....
If I don't win I guess I'm gonna be a Full-time Maker sooner than I planned..... Been doing it Spare-time over 20 years ....​
Doing it spare time stunk anyway...​

Wow Bill, I hope everything works out ok for you!!

I have been in law enforcement for 23 years. In those 23 years I have served as a Sergeant and a Lieutenant over the patrol division as well as an undercover narcotics agent and a detective. Within the past year I have transferred back over to the patrol division and currently work on third shift.
I made knives for about 4years, but got out of it for a while. Now that I am back on patrol and have more time I have gotten back into making knives.

Other than being a full-time knifemaker, I'm a house cleaner, cook, lawn boy, dog washer, dog walker, laundry worker, insect killer, gardener, car washer, & maid. :D

In a previous life, up until last year, I owned a scrap metal business in down town Atlanta for over 35 years.
I got tired of getting shot at, so after the last drive-by / shoot out and brother getting carjacked (20k taken), we said to hell with that Godforsaken city and sold the business & I retired.

Or, at least I thought I did.

Still working on the "Honey-do" list from hell. :bud:

Back