What did I do wrong?

Daffy

So I went to cut out the profile of my knife with an angle grinder. I just ended up skidding the wheel across the surface and at some point caused the washer to separate from the disc. This was my first time using this grinder since for my last project I used a hacksaw. Anyone know what I could have done wrong?

I'm trying to remember what I was doing when I had this happen but I know that the disc that I had problems with were the cheapest that I could find and came shink wrapped together. I got more expensive discs and they held up better. I also tried to go in from the edge of the bar when I cut steel rather than trying to do a plunge cut. Also watch forcing your feed or binding the disc. I rarely cut anything large enough that I can't easily handle with a hack saw or hot cutter.

Doug

Thanks guys... I grabbed the Avanti Pro wheels from home depot when I bought the grinder so they may not be the greatest. I also tried to plunge cut figuring it would save me time rather then costing me a day and some steel. lol Lesson learned I guess.

Back