what accounting software do you use?

In the past, I have tried to use Quicken and Quick Books and a couple of others but could never get all the info into them to make them work properly. I found I didn't need everything they wanted to do for me so I just gave up on them and designed a simple Excel program that I have modified over the years to suit my needs and I just give the summary sheet to my tax guy and he is real happy with it. I was going to upload it so anyone who wants to could give it a try but the attachment button won't allow Excel files. If anyone knows how to overcome that, I would be happy to post it.

Carey

In the past, I have tried to use Quicken and Quick Books and a couple of others but could never get all the info into them to make them work properly. I found I didn't need everything they wanted to do for me so I just gave up on them and designed a simple Excel program that I have modified over the years to suit my needs and I just give the summary sheet to my tax guy and he is real happy with it. I was going to upload it so anyone who wants to could give it a try but the attachment button won't allow Excel files. If anyone knows how to overcome that, I would be happy to post it.

Carey

If you have a Google account (gmail for instance) you can import that Excel outline into a Google document then post the link here. Google is good for sharing documents, spreadsheets, and etc.
Jim

Thanks Jim, I'll see if I can figure out how to do that.

Carey

I will send you an invite to gmail (documents, etc.) if you will send me an email.
Send to jatmatjbt at gmail.com
If you want to attach the blank spreedsheet template, send it on and I will import and link up here for you.
Jim

OK, I think I got it figured out. Here is a link to a shared folder on google. You don't have to have an account or sign in in order to see it. It's a simple Excel spreadsheet that keeps track of expenses etc. and generates a summary for tax purposes. It doesn't do invoices and all the fancy stuff but I have never needed that sort of thing.

Hope it will be of some help to someone,
Carey

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Au7qBYXrcTz5dGphZEZhYnNndmtaczJJY1U1VHFIRlE&hl=en

We just switched over from using Excel to QB. I used it in a prior live, but still time consuming.

I'm the same as John and Les! If it wasn't for W.I.F.E. 1.0 I would likely be completely broke and in the soup line. She's been using Quick Books for several years.
Her computer is getting really old and rickety, and we've been talking about building her a new one....but the one thing we can't figure out is that if we load a new machine with Windows 7, if her older version of QB will work. Anybody know anything about Windows 7 and QB versions that will run on it? I've tried researching in on the net, and only found a lot of maybes'.

Last edited:
Excel spreadsheets. Used to always use Quicken until I got another computer. I asked my CPA what he would like for me to use and he told me just to use simple Excel spreadsheets. He said that was all he uses for all of his records! If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me because like was said, if the IRS wants to chat with me they will have to talk to my CPA because he's the one that's been doing my taxes for the last 10+ years. And if he wants spreadsheets, I'll give hime spreadsheets!

Back