Unique knife!!!!

J

jpaulstra

I got this knife when I was with 5th SFG. at Tuyen Nhon A-415 in !965. It is known among SF’ers as a Tri Ton special. Tri Ton was another SF Camp in 4 Corp. The knife is unique as it was made in that area by an old Vietnamese. The blade is made from a deuce and 1/2 spring, hilt from a 105 howitzer shell and handle from what we call Ironwood. It is not for sale I just thought you might like a look. Do you know of any others as I’m sure others were made. What is it’s value? Thanks, Jimmy Strahan, USASF Retired

Attachments

• Tri Ton Knife 005 modified.jpg
    Tri Ton Knife 005 modified.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Tri Ton Knife 006 modified.jpg
    Tri Ton Knife 006 modified.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Tri Ton Knife 002 modified.jpg
    Tri Ton Knife 002 modified.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Tri Ton Knife 004 modified.jpg
    Tri Ton Knife 004 modified.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Tri Ton Knife 001 modified.jpg
    Tri Ton Knife 001 modified.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Tri Ton Knife 003 modified.jpg
    Tri Ton Knife 003 modified.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 29
Nice knife with a unique history indeed. It appears as though the maker may have seen a Randall or two and drawn influence from them. That's deffinately a treasure to hold onto.

great theater knife..nicer than most too...I think the story is the best part ..

That has to be one of the best trophies I have seen from over there. Spent most my time in the Central Highlands with the 4th Inf in 69-70. I didn't even get issued a bayonet so my dad sent me a bowie I made when I was a younger kid. I tossed it from a chopper cause it was just to darn big to pack. I knew those 2 1/2 ton trucks were good for something. I never saw a knife like that while I was there but I did see a native with a chopper I would have liked to have.

Back