Twisted Belts

Gliden07

Anyone have a remedy for 2x72 belts that are all twisted up?? There brand new 400 Grit belts came out of the package from Supergrit like that.

Yep. J-weight belts are terrible for it. And it seems like you can shake out most of them, but there's always that one loop that won't let go, so you have to put down whatever else you are carrying and fight that sucker onto the grinder. It's like trying to straighten out an eel.

They are a pain. I try to keep them straight but seems to be a lost cause. When ready to use one I put one end around the wheel and then fight it to shape talking not so kindly.

I put mine around my neck undo every twist then with my hands spread out in front of me try to put them on the grinder! A real PITA!!

Lol I was struggling with the same thing about a week ago so I made this. The shorter arms are for all of my higher grit belts that I use for my finish work and then the longer arms are for my low grit belts and surface conditioning belts. I didn’t add a lower arm for the two longer ones because I grab my lower grit belts more often and they don’t need to have tension on them 6021D3FC-CCC1-4855-A3D2-0EEC11D68AA1.jpeg

Back