Trying to get Back at it!!

Gliden07

Started to work on some of my knives that had stopped forward progress for various reasons. Boredom, grind issues, problems with actual blade. Anyways can fix all of it except the blade problem (CuMai blade) there are some voids in the Copper (my bad welds). I'm still going to finish it as I really don't think it will affect the knife other than visually. This was also my first attempt at a CuMai Billet (I made a friction folder from the scrap off this Billet) learned a ton! To bad it has the voids this is gonna be a cool little hunter too! My CuMai. tapered tang and my in house stabilized spalted Maple scales. Still may be a long way off as I will be taking care of my Mom that just got out of nursing home. Anyway I started some work again hope I continue?

Attachments

• 20230817_101036.jpg
    20230817_101036.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Started to work on some of my knives that had stopped forward progress for various reasons. Boredom, grind issues, problems with actual blade. Anyways can fix all of it except the blade problem (CuMai blade) there are some voids in the Copper (my bad welds). I'm still going to finish it as I really don't think it will affect the knife other than visually. This was also my first attempt at a CuMai Billet (I made a friction folder from the scrap off this Billet) learned a ton! To bad it has the voids this is gonna be a cool little hunter too! My CuMai. tapered tang and my in house stabilized spalted Maple scales. Still may be a long way off as I will be taking care of my Mom that just got out of nursing home. Anyway I started some work again hope I continue?
Looking good!
Being a caretaker is a tough job. I know. I take care of my wife who has multiple health issues. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Seriously. Get all the help you can. If you'd like to talk about it or looking for helpful resources just send me a message.

Looking good!
Being a caretaker is a tough job. I know. I take care of my wife who has multiple health issues. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Seriously. Get all the help you can. If you'd like to talk about it or looking for helpful resources just send me a message.
Thank you! I'll keep it in mind. I've actually joined a Health Care Givers group in my area. Went to my first meeting a couple weeks ago. It was nice to know I'm not the only one in the boat! (Not that I would wish this on anyone).

Thank you! I'll keep it in mind. I've actually joined a Health Care Givers group in my area. Went to my first meeting a couple weeks ago. It was nice to know I'm not the only one in the boat! (Not that I would wish this on anyone).
I belong to one here also. They will be quite helpful. If your Mom belongs to AARP, which I would recommend, they also have many resources.

Good luck on your knives and your care giving!

Back