Three blades clamped up

It is really rewarding to see the finished handle appear out of the scales as you file, sand and finish shape them

It is really rewarding to see the finished handle appear out of the scales as you file, sand and finish shape them
I agree Von! I really like the scale material and they finish really well. It's one of my favorite part of knife making.

Don't ya hate it when being a responsible adult gets in the way of knife making? :)
I do hate that! I should be able to get more shop time the week before and after Christmas. Things at work seem to really slow down then. probably because everyone is taking off themselves :)

These three knives will be the companion to this one. A lady is getting one for her husband, son in law and two grandsons! I was beginning to fret about getting them made in time but looks like I can see the tinsel on the tree now!

Those are beautiful . I love the lime green spacers. I haven't worked with micarta yet. I have some. Is the finishing/sanding similar to wood?

Those are beautiful . I love the lime green spacers. I haven't worked with micarta yet. I have some. Is the finishing/sanding similar to wood?
I like working with micarta and G10. To me it works and sands like wood but with subtle differences.
Thanks! I’m liking the lime green with this set of scales myself.

Back