The Hideout Bowie

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
Here is the latest from the Bump Forge.
It is a "W" mosaic, accordian cut 9 1/2" blade with stainless most everywhere else. The frame is widened to accept a slipjoint that slides and snaps neatly inside. The button on the pommel releases the folder. Ancient walrus scales and Jere Davidson Engraving help to attract some attention. Thanks for looking.

Bump005.jpg

Just beautiful- reminds me a little of Scagel's work with the 'blade in the handle' except the hidden knive is another work of art- well done.

WOW, Bruce thats super impressive. The first thing I thought when I saw this knife was.. The only thing that could be better then having a BB Bowie.. Would be to have a BB Bowie with a ultra sexy engraved BB folder in the handle! :D

Amazing work on all fronts. The damascus is very beautiful! The engraving is stellar!! The profile and lines on the knife couldn't be nicer! And that sheath is simply beautiful.

Mr Bump. You have and continue to raise the bar.. Congrats on this masterpiece!

That is an amazing knife set. One of the most beautiful I have seen in years.
Thanks for showing this great piece of art Bruce.

I am glad you didn't hide that one from us!!! That would have looked just fine, even if Jere had not even touched it!!! All of your work has the same effect......eyes pop, breath stops, face turns blue, then you remember to breath. Then you say some words that can not be written here on the forum, then you write some complements that don't do the knife any justice at all!!! Again you have out done your self!!!

The stainless guard is 420 that I got from our own Indian George. Geo? Got any more of that stuff to trade for?

Bruce, that is absolutely breathtaking craftsmanship! I am so sorry I couldn't get to the Little Rock show to kiss your ring! I wanted to get to meet you and Ray in person and see your work but life just got in the way. I'll be in Little Rock next year, for sure.

Thanks guys for the kind words. Much appreciated.
Denny, Kaye wouldnt allow you to kiss my ring but it would have been so nice to finally meet one of our most famous dogs. Be sure to plan for next year.

Bump-style
Bump-ingenuity
Bump-quality

Thanks for sharing and showing us the sky's the limit Bruce !

Take care Buddy- Josh

The stainless guard is 420 that I got from our own Indian George. Geo? Got any more of that stuff to trade for?
BB, nope that was the only piece that I had. I guess it worked nice.:les: If I knew it would come out that nice, I shouldn't traded it . HEHEHEHEHEHE!! That was a good size bar, you haven't used all of it???? Are you thinking of doing a frame out of it????

I still have most all of it. this guard is just a small sliver from the bar. Wow, can you imagine what a CNC mill could turn out from it? Not that I know how but in the right hands this big piece of 420 could make almost anything. Still wanting to make an entire stainless cut n shoot sometime.
BB, nope that was the only piece that I had. I guess it worked nice.:les: If I knew it would come out that nice, I shouldn't traded it . HEHEHEHEHEHE!! That was a good size bar, you haven't used all of it???? Are you thinking of doing a frame out of it????

I still have most all of it. this guard is just a small sliver from the bar. Wow, can you imagine what a CNC mill could turn out from it? Not that I know how but in the right hands this big piece of 420 could make almost anything. Still wanting to make an entire stainless cut n shoot sometime.
Sounds cool BB. How about the fixtures in damascus???:s12138:

Wow, I sat and stared at that for at least 15 minutes.
That is umm...ummm......I don't think words can express the beauty of that....

I feel privileged just to see a picture of it.

Back