Terrio Handmade Knives picture thread

Get to work :)

Yes sir! I been nibblin away at my spring cleaning, got my etcher/stencils up and running, designed and built templates for a couple new models and makin' sparks on a couple Growls in D2. Sometime in the next few days, I gotta get my website updated and get another batch of blades ground so they can be HT'ed while I finish up the ones coming back. Also need to ship out my small contribution to Murph's latest GAW. Oh yeah, need to coordinate some details with the machinist who's doing some of the parts for a pretty significant custom order... it'll blow y'all's minds when it's done!

No rest for the wicked, and I wouldn't have it any other way :biggrin:

Last edited:
Been awhile since I posted anything here... did you think I gave up? Heck no!
Took my CDP (chop/dig/pry) prototype camping over the weekend. 3 solid days of pounding tent stakes, digging roots, and chopping firewood with no chips or edge-rolling. Just a couple tiny dull spots but it still shaves hair all the way along the blade.

8" full-convex blade, Aldo's 1/4" 1084 steel HT'ed to 58Rc by Brad at Peters' Heat Treating, green canvas micarta scales with stainless corby's and a thong tube. Plenty of power but very sharp and not too heavy. I think I'll be making more of these :D

smokin.jpgImg_0784.jpgstake.jpg

Cal, the Growl isn't goin away. I've made several out of different steels on the same pattern and will continue to test them hard. :)

Hi new to knife dogs anyone have a rekat hobbit folder for sale? Thanks ron

Thank you sir! Chap, it's full convex from spine to edge. Machine finished and sharpened edge-up on a 400-grit Gator, then "stropped" on the grinder edge-down with a belt turned inside-out. I was frankly surprised how keen of an edge I got this way. I normally put a much finer finish and edge on all my work but I was in a hurry to take the CDP out and beat the snot out of it :biggrin:

Thanks again gentlemen! Frank, you calling my knives "clean" is a high compliment indeed, I'll continue to aspire to that.

Here's a matched set custom order, ready for final sharpening and cleaning. They'll be on their way to Australia soon. I just couldn't resist having Angie snap a pic of my smiling self holding them out beside the shop...
Zombie finished 001.jpg

More pics and specs coming soon... thanks for looking ;)

Thanks! I got my sculpted muscular arms by doing lots of 12-ounce hammer curls.

Oh, wait.. did you mean the zombie knives? They were commissioned by a client who's a huge fan of the Resident Evil movies/video games. He sent me a couple screen-shots and we worked from there.

A couple more...

Attachments

• necker.jpg
    necker.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 18
  • sidekick redwood 1.jpg
    sidekick redwood 1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 16
  • big dipper.jpg
    big dipper.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 22
  • potbelly hunter.jpg
    potbelly hunter.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 17
Is the third one going to Alaska?

Only if someone from Alaska wants to buy it :) I wanted to set it apart from the million other bushcraft knives out there and figured bushcrafty folks would like the Big Dipper... I honestly forgot it was also on the Alaska state flag, but that works too!

I'll try to get some more pics of the zombie killers by the weekend. Thanks for the comments, gentlemen!

Back