Sword billet

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
:biggrin:

Feather damascus short sword anyone?

I thought these pictures from the forge were worth sharing. What you see here is Randy Jr forging what is without a doubt the largest feather damascus billet he has ever made!

This piece of steel will be heading to our buddy over at cedarlore forge. Heres a link to there web site! http://cedarloreforge.com/

Thanks for lookin, as always comments are welcomed. questions are encouraged.,

God Bless
Randy

Attachments

• 240mmgyuto for sale feather damascus sword billet 019 (800x533).jpg
    240mmgyuto for sale feather damascus sword billet 019 (800x533).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 240mmgyuto for sale feather damascus sword billet 028 (800x533).jpg
    240mmgyuto for sale feather damascus sword billet 028 (800x533).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 240mmgyuto for sale feather damascus sword billet 037 (533x800).jpg
    240mmgyuto for sale feather damascus sword billet 037 (533x800).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 240mmgyuto for sale feather damascus sword billet 041 (800x533).jpg
    240mmgyuto for sale feather damascus sword billet 041 (800x533).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 240mmgyuto for sale feather damascus sword billet 111 (800x533).jpg
    240mmgyuto for sale feather damascus sword billet 111 (800x533).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 41
Wow, that is an impressive piece of steel. It's seriously awesome to see the work like that raw and in the shop.

Thanks Frank. I tell ya Its really impressive for me to watch Jr work that forging press. The kid has got mad skills and control with this old press!

Doing a feather billet is hard, doing a large feather billet is harder. Doing a sword. well you know. That is a HUGE undertaking in and of itself.

Also this is heading to David who makes some very cool and impressive swords and stuff! I cant wait to see it all finished out! Thanks for checking out the post Frank!

God Bless
Randy

I went to his site and got about knocked out of my boots. Proper Oakeshott pattern swords, with modern pattern welded blades! I've been following Albion's work for a long time but these take the cake. Randy, I've got two young sons and I hope that they take to our craft to the degree your boy has. It is very inspiring and I feel a great responsibility carrying even a small part of the torch.

:D

Yes indeed. Jr is a BEAST and forging up a storm, He forged in the tang today. I should have some update photos to share soon!

Not to come off like a jerk here Stew. but he uses the forging press to shape the damascus and the billet. :) Maybe I dont understand the question as you mean it?

Back