Surgury Today

You'll bounce back well James. My best friend had to have a couple of vertebrae in his neck fused when we were in college. He was a senior cadet at the time and they tried medicaling him out of service due to the injury. He made a full recovery and passed the medical review board a few months later just before he was commissioned as an officer. A couple of years later, he had to have another proceedure to fuse two more and quickly recovered and even served a really rough combat tour in Iraq afterwards. I have no doubt you'll do fine.

Thank for the votes of confidence. Just learning how to sleep now. Get a couple of hours here and there. I am not used to sleeping on my back.

James it will be only a while then you will not be able to sleep in any other position, speedy recovery and you are in our prayers.

Well today is the first day that I have hurt. It is between my shoulders but the pain is basically burning. I am so amazed at how I feel. Not having mygraines is such a blessing. Thanks for all the support. This is why I say that here on KD it is not just a forum. It is family.

Well today is the first day that I have hurt. It is between my shoulders but the pain is basically burning. I am so amazed at how I feel. Not having mygraines is such a blessing. Thanks for all the support. This is why I say that here on KD it is not just a forum. It is family.

After my surgery I had the same sensation between the shoulder blades. I would tell my wife that the bumble bees were back when I would start to hurt or move the wrong direction. They will move a long soon and you'll quickly get back to normal, without migraines!

Have you tried sleeping in a recliner? It works WELL!

Charlie

Good to hear the headaches are gone. IU did not know they could make them go away.

I told the doctor I had headaches all the time and she said; "A head like that is supposed to ache."

Anyway, glad you are on the way to being free of that pain.

Bob

Don't overdo it James. My wife went through two fusions. You really have to stop doing something long before it hurts. Best wishes for you.

Pat

May God bless you and keep you during this time James. God is the great physician and I ask him to heal you.

Back