surface grinder

Freds Edge

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Wuertz Surface Grinder attachment ? It seems like a good fit for a small shop.

I think its great. easy to set up and use. you can taper a tang in no time at all. I have it on my TW90. Call Travis and talk to him. He is great on the phone and very helpful.
Good Luck

My grinder is home made but styled after a Beaumont , a bit heavier built but runs vibration free.

My grinder is home made but styled after a Beaumont , a bit heavier built but runs vibration free.
I'd like to see this grinder. I just got my KMG and was blown away by how overbuilt every single part of it is. Your's must be insane! haha

Oh my, yes that's certainly beefy. Looks awesome! wish I had the ability to weld, it would open so many windows for me.

That Wuertz Surface Grinder attachment is NEAT - I looked over the site but didn't see a price on the Wuertz Surface Grinder attachment - did I miss it? Can anyone give an approximate price?

Ken H>

$1500 . He also makes some great stops for it that help but not required. you will love it once you get over the price........ Call Travis, he will tell you all about it.

I bought one from Travis. I set it up to run with 2 X 48 or 2 X 72 belts. I also put a variable speed motor on it.

Attachments

• DSC01008.JPG
    DSC01008.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01009.JPG
    DSC01009.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC01010.JPG
    DSC01010.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01011.JPG
    DSC01011.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC01012.JPG
    DSC01012.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 55
That is SLICK!!!! I doubt seriously I'd consider buying one, I just don't make that many knives per year - maybe a dozen/yr? Sure is nice!

Tom, you're not too far away - if ya'll are ever over in the Fairhope, AL area, but sure to give me a holler and drop by for a cup of coffee.... or something.

73 de Ken H>

That is SLICK!!!! I doubt seriously I'd consider buying one, I just don't make that many knives per year - maybe a dozen/yr? Sure is nice!

Tom, you're not too far away - if ya'll are ever over in the Fairhope, AL area, but sure to give me a holler and drop by for a cup of coffee.... or something.

73 de Ken H>

My wife's brother lives in Fairhope. Barry Fulford. Worked in electrical inspection for the city. Just retired.

Travis has two different surface grinder attachments. One is a bit over nine inches of magnet surface for $1500 the other is a bit over 13 inches of magnet surface for $1700. If you get to a show he's at watch how fast you can remove material with it.....amazing.

Back