Studley Tool box for knifemakers?

Meridian Blades

Moderator - Knife Maker
I dunno if you guys have seen this before, but its pretty amazing. It would be great for those of us with a real small shop, but man would I feel guilty if I didn't put my tools away.

[video=youtube;C9QaFTI2F9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9QaFTI2F9c[/video]

Sorta makes you wonder what's worth more- the wood used to build it, or the tools in it?
That's a bunch of high-dollar wood, but given his trade, I'm sure he had more economical access to it than most of us.

I'm gonna guess the most valuable of all was the detailed planning and time he invested to pull off such a project.

Excellent example of 1st rate craftsmanship.

That was made back in the day when a carpenter or cabinette maker's tool box advertised the quality of his work. That is an absolute gem of a piece.

Doug

I looked at this again and decided I need to hide all four of my tool boxes because they all look like a grenade went off in them!!

I looked at this again and decided I need to hide all four of my tool boxes because they all look like a grenade went off in them!!

If you're like me, the tool you need is always at the bottom of the pile.:biggrin:

There for a while, all I had to do was start pulling stuff out, then the tool magically appeared! Of course by that time the actual working space on the bench was littered up with all the other stuff.:lol:

That is a toolbox and a half. I wish I had 1/512th that man's talent. Maybe I could hang a picture straight then.

That guy was no doubt a master craftsman, and would have no doubt been a master Knifemaker had he ever had the desire to make one.
CW

Back