Stag Desk Knife or Carving Knife

rootes_of_ohio

A few people asked, so...........

Here is one of my desk knives, or carving knives.
The blade is O1 and was made for me by a carving knife maker here in Ohio
It is a clean, V-wedge blade with no secondary bevel.
It is extremely sharp.
The edge needs to be maintained on a leather strop.

The handle is India Sambar Stag and it is one of the crooked-est pieces I have ever seen. It's got an S-curve thing going on that fits sooooo good in your hand that you won't want to put it down.

The cap is ancient woolly mammoth ivory BLUE bark sanded and polished to a high shine.
Construction is simple with the tang of the blade deeply embedded in the handle, an epoxy groove was filed in before inserting the blade. It should never come out.

I had a nice sheath made for it. The sheath even has a belt clip if you wanted to use it that way.

All-in-all a very good looking, solid knife.
The combination of tool steel, sambar stag and ivory make it a tool made in heaven.

I hope someone falls in love with it.
Would make a great gift for a woodcarver too.

2013-12-09 21.21.39.jpg2013-12-09 21.22.30.jpg2013-12-09 21.22.03.jpg2013-12-09 21.23.04.jpg2013-12-09 21.23.21.jpg

I don't make many knives any more. My best skill is to assemble the quality parts, in the right proportion, and give the entire package that special finish. I absolutely love stag, tool steel and ivory. I'm thinking about doing some more work in desk knives. Maybe that will work out. For now, here is a really unique tool that needs a new home.

$89 including USPS Priority mail shipping with signature confirmation
Paypal is preferred, but checks and money orders are welcome.
Paypal email addy is timothybalda@yahoo.com

Go here for stag, mammoth ivory, bone and other ivory.
http://stores.ebay.com/Rootes-Group-...p2047675.l2563

Thanks for looking.

Be good to yourselves.

t

Back