Something for the Blade show....

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
This is the first of several that are nearing completion for the trip to Atlanta. Depending on your personal preferences, you could either call it a "primitive weapon".....or a "Zombie Killer". :)

It's 16 1/4" of rather nicely figured Cocobolo, with the head being made of "fossil" damascus, 7" front to rear, and 2 3/4" at the widest point. Haven't figured out if leather or kydex should go with it....but I'll figure that out soon. I snapped the pic with my Iphone, and the background is what a "bedrug" looks like after hauling around my yellow lab "Hammer".

More Blade Show knives coming soon!

Last edited:
Good looking weapon Ed. I'm no expert but it probably wouldn't work on a zombie unless it had a lime green or day glow orange handle.
I think it's too pretty for a kydex sheath,I would use leather.

I like everything about it. Design, materials and especially the contoured cocobolo handle. Nice work!

Ed, That is a nice looking piece regardless of what you call it or how you would use it. Dan

Thanks gang! I also have a "hunting hatchet" in the works (the handle it on it's 5th coat of tru-oil), but it's small and copied off the hunting hatchet I made for myself.......will post pics when it comes together.

Very nice Ed...cocobolo is fantastic and great damascus work. I prefer a combo of terms, maybe a "primitive zombie killer", like if Daniel Boone was hanging out at the forge one day a struck up a conversation with the blacksmith, "ya know, they say zombie's will get troublesome someday..."

Beautiful piece of work. Love the wood and you know I would go with leather. KT

Last edited:
This is the first of several that are nearing completion for the trip to Atlanta. Depending on your personal preferences, you could either call it a "primitive weapon".....or a "Zombie Killer". :)

It's 16 1/4" of rather nicely figured Cocobolo, with the head being made of "fossil" damascus, 7" front to rear, and 2 3/4" at the widest point. Haven't figured out if leather or kydex should go with it....but I'll figure that out soon. I snapped the pic with my Iphone, and the background is what a "bedrug" looks like after hauling around my yellow lab "Hammer".

More Blade Show knives coming soon!

Gentlemen,
Zombies, Werewolf and others that go bump in the night have been a nuisance since colonial times here in the USA and before.

I think Ed has made a very effective looking as well as handsome & ornate weapon for dealing with any threat from man & most beasts alive or undead! Though the addition of a silver coating of the edge fore & aft may be in order to cover all night stalkers.

Hammer's bedrug will do fine for wrapping the corpses for disposal.

Stellar work Ed!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Back