So I made it like he said...

Jason,
That was well done. You gave a little pushback, but you were polite about it. I guess you could've said, you were gonna up the price now that its done, cuz this blade is straight and not crooked..............:p

I too, think you could sell the blade on the boards without any trouble.

Good Luck,

Larry

I think that's a heck of a good response..nicely done.
t

... On top of that, I don't want anyone to ever say, "Yeah, I saw one of Jason Fry's knives, and he didn't know how to put it together straight." ...

Darn straight (ha ha get it, 'straight' *groan*). Seriously, you did the right thing. 2thumbs

Justin, it's great to see you in this neck of the woods!!! Welcome aboard!!!Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I have been leery of jumping on another forum just because of the time I burn already on BF, but I knew this one would be worthwhile so I finally decided I would come check it out. Anything to keep from having to finish a knife:rolleyes:

Jason,

Can you post pictures here? Maybe you will get a better offer from someone who will fully appreciate it.

It's in the gallery, Rock. Still waiting on the customer's reply. Will post it here after I get the sheath done, if he backs out.

The one with the "Fish Filework"?? That's a super knife! I was just looking at it the other day, as I had never seen Fish filework, It really stuck in my mind!!

I agree, it's a classic knife regardless, but I keep going back to look at the fish filework. Tutorial please! :)

I've just started getting happy with my filework ssoooooo I second the motion for a tutorial on the fish filework please.2thumbs

Update... finally today got an email from the guy, he said he'd pass on it. Kind of glad to get it all over with. Now I can make a "normal" sheath instead of the lefty horizontal he wanted, and get it up for sale.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jason today,and seeing this knife in person.
If the man wasn't happy with that knife, he can't be pleased. Jason handled this a lot more professionally than I probably would have.
Also, pictures of the file work don't do it justice. It's a first rate job.
Chad

Thanks, Chad, was nice meeting you as well.
Posted this one up for sale in the classifieds.

Last edited:
Back