small hunter

percy

Here's a little hunter I finished yesterday. 7 inchs long with a dyed giraffe bone handle. I dyed the giraffe bone with leather dye. The second knife is a trailing point hunter 7 inches long with Afzelia handle no bolsters. Nice and clean.. I have bought several of these giraffe bones and cut them up. You can get quite a few handles out of one bone. It is a great way to save a little on handle material. I let this soak in the dye for too long, should have been 1 day and left it three days. Hope you like it, let me know either way.
For all out there HAPPY FATHERS DAY early.
001.jpg003.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice pair of hunters Percy- nice designs and details on both- the textured bolsters are different and interesting. The bone looks good- it is a bit dark perhaps but sounds like you know your process and can lighten next time. I'm gonna have to buy a bone and try that.

Ausbrooks the main thing on getting the bones off of ebay is to get one at least 30 inches long. Any shorter and the bone is thin. I have some that I got bone out of that was over 3/4 inch thick and some a little thicker. I don't know which bone it is that is the best one. Some of them are thinner than a certain one. I believe it is the shin bone but not sure. Anyway I hope if you buy one it is the right one and it works out great.
Have a great week
Percy

I think they came out great .. I kinda like the darkness on the first one , It makes eveything else pop. Well done .

Back