slipjoint pins

Keith Willis

I am working on my first ever slipjoint,it is a really small single blade.I have drilled my holes 1/16,and have fitted it up using
so old drill bits.My question is,what do you guys use for pin stock?
Thanks

God bless

for me it depends on the knife. it's ether 416 stainless or Nickle silver. you want the pin to stay hidden over time. it you have stainless bolsters, use stainless pins. if you are using nickle silver bolster, use nickle silver.

I have seen guys use brass, but it seems too soft for my liken. I'd hate to have a slip joint get loose over time.

Erik

Keith,
Does the knife have bolsters? If so you need to use pins of the same material as the bolsters or you will be able to see them even if you hide the joints. I use either 416 or 410 stainless for bolster/liners and 416 pins will match both. I use 3/32" pins in the spring and blades and 1/16" in the scales. Are using a pivot bushing?

Thanks guys,

Hey Calvin,I misplaced your phone #...Is that it at the top of the page on youe web site.I am going to give you a call this week.

God bless,
Keith

Thanks guys,

Hey Calvin,I misplaced your phone #...Is that it at the top of the page on youe web site.I am going to give you a call this week.

God bless,

Keith

That's the # to call me on. I'm fixin to leave for a couple days hunting but call me any way,if I don't answer leave a message and I'll call back.

Back