shipping to Canada

22h2

How complicated is it to ship a folding pocket knife to Canada? small slipjoint with a 4 inch blade.

thanks

So far I haven't had any problems shipping through US Mail. You do have to fill out a customs form. I usually list it as "camping tool" just to lessen scrutiny.

If the pivot is a screw, tighten it down completely.

use the Mail, USPS , get tracking and signature

skip
UPS, Fedex and the rest - they have $40 tacked on fees

No problem with slip joints, no length limits.

Pack it in a box within a box within a box so the "accidental" finger poke through the outer box that happens on ALL my packages won't lose it.

For economy USPS is the best route. If you want tracking, speed, or signature receipt, you have no choice but to go through UPS or FedX, and you will pay a MUCH higher price for it. I ship frequently to Canada....USPS tracking/insurance, etc does not work once the package leaves the United States.

Most often, when going with USPS I will ship via Priority Mail International, but make sure that the client fully understands that they take all responsibility for lost or stolen packages. Customs can be a real road block too....many times I have shipped a package, only to have it "held" in Customs for 3-4 weeks before they forward it to the addressee, with obvious signs that the package(s) have been opened and resealed by Customs.

Unless you use a worldwide service such as UPS or FedX, the package goes through different entities within each country, with different rules and procedures, none of which are compatible with the other....that's why tracking, insurance, and most other services offered by USPS are null and void once the package leaves the U.S.

Back