Scandinavian looking in to say hello.

ngraudal

Hello from Denmark.
I thought I'd stop buy and register to show some of my work. I have been making knives as a hobby since 2006, mainly in scandinavian designs but sometimes I sneak in more "modern" designs.
I mainly work with natural materials, and almost everything is done by hand, without the aid of machinery.
I buy my blades from different blacksmiths and reputable makers, from time to time I also use factory made blades.

Enough blabber, time for some pictures of some of the stuff I have made over the last couple of years.

A Leuku, the blade is from th Finnish Lauri factory.
Handle is made from Reindeer antler, palisander root burl and brass

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1375-1-1.jpg

A little "puukko" with a damascus blade by Aage Frederiksen, 500+ layers to get a dark and patinated look, not much patterning.
Handle is reindeer antler, red vulcanised fibres, pewter and a piece of Masur birch.

img3215g.jpg

img3214c.jpg

img3213rf.jpg

img3212w.jpg

img3209e.jpg

Another blade by Aage Frederiksen
Boxwood, thuya, pewter, copper and blue fibres.

img2480k.jpg

I think that will be that for now.

Good day to you all :)

Welcome I don't know if I like the knife or sheath better on the one below........Wow do tell about the sheath and maker it is wonderful.!!!!!!

Take Care

Kris

Welcome I don't know if I like the knife or sheath better on the one below........Wow do tell about the sheath and maker it is wonderful.!!!!!!

Take Care

Kris

I made it :D

It is a time consuming proces, a couple of hours.
The leather is made in a way so the middle layer is raw, that way it can be modelled, when wet, with pieces of bone, modelling irons etc. It is quite commen on scandinavian knives, another benefit is, that when the leather dries the middle layer hardens up so there is no need to use any leather-hardener.

Back