Rural Central Oregon Newbie...

BOOMER52

My handle is BOOMER52... my real name is Steve. I own a couple of horse acres in central Oregon just steps away from the Crooked River about 30 miles north of Bend. I've always been an artisan of one type or another... and just recently found my way into the knife community. I just recently designed and fabricated a CNC router and thought to combine these two latest pursuits and see what was possible.

Dipping my toes into the customization pool I've begun to create a scales texture portfolio of the more popular commercial folding knives... starting out with the Spyderco Manix 2. My initial foray has been with layered G10 and the Anso pattern (Jens Anso). I have so far created machining files for a small, medium, and large Anso pattern which is a perfect vehicle for showcasing the accuracy and precision capable with CNC machining.

I've just posted a few photos of my first custom scales to come off my machine... you can see them here... http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?29295-A-couple-of-Spyderco-Manix-2-s&p=239639#post239639

Enjoy...

BOOMER52

Hey Steve,
You live in some beautiful country. Nice work on the scales, look forward to see what else you come up with.
Wade

Back