Rock Island Vise

If it as good as it looks I’d say it’s definitely a reasonable price. I looked at eBay and the price isn’t that far out of line.
This is how I look at things. If I need or want a particular item and it’s $16-$20 more. Than I would like to pay - I just bite the bullet and get it.
Chances are it will only appreciate in value. From what I understand they are great vises.

A few things I would consider, does it come with that stand? is it a comfortable height for working with it? does the stand have a base that can be bolted down? also I would check for slop in the lead screw, like do you need to turn it a couple times before the jaws move.
are the jaws square to each other?
while all these things can be fixed or tuned it would affect the price I'd be willing to pay.
being how vices aren't really a hot commodity I'd offer him $140.00 after some dickering and he's probably expecting that to happen anyway.

A few things I would consider, does it come with that stand? is it a comfortable height for working with it? does the stand have a base that can be bolted down? also I would check for slop in the lead screw, like do you need to turn it a couple times before the jaws move.
are the jaws square to each other?
while all these things can be fixed or tuned it would affect the price I'd be willing to pay.
being how vices aren't really a hot commodity I'd offer him $140.00 after some dickering and he's probably expecting that to happen anyway.
That's what I'm thinking. Somewhere $140.00 or maybe even a little bit less. It's been on our local news site for a couple months now.
I don't know if it comes with the stand. That would certainly help. I figure I could always modify the stand to fit my needs if it does.

Back