Rhino Custom 9 3/4" Chef Knife with ...

rhinoknives

Hello all,
This is one I just delivered that I would like to share a picture of for those that are interested.

This is a blend of the different influence's From Western Euro to Japanese and Americana with a few of my own put in for good measure. That I find work great in a Chef Knife.

OAL of 16"
Full tang construction.
Blade of 9 3/4" Or about 240mm for you metric folks.
Steel is CPM-S35VN
Hardened to RC of 60
Handle is Stabilized Amboyna wood from Laos
Red & Black Carbon fiber liners.
Pins are Bob Loveless Type bolts.
Rhino Logo Mosaic pin.

I think that's it?

Any Comments or questions are welcome? It's not the best pic, Just what I could get before the customer showed up to claim his knife!

Thanks for looking.

Laurence

LaurenceGetInline.jpg

Thanks Cory,
This is the second best seller after my Rhino Chop. I flat grind, Then after HT I clean it up on the flats and then Convex grind the knife blade.Chef's and Home People really are very happy with it.

This design took me few years to finalize. It's pretty well done? I don't see any more changes/Improvements in the near future.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Love the blade profile ! Nice work Laurence

-Josh

thanks IG & Josh,

I start with 1/8" Thick CPM-S35VN, First I flat grind, Then HT then clean up on the Flat Platen again,
Then Convex grind the blade to finish Grit. The final edge bevel is taken to 2000G slack belt edge and then Buffed with Green Chrome polish to remove the burr.
The meat & veggies never know what happen!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Laurence, you are making some sweet culinary knives. The Rhino Chop is a great looking knife as well! What is the retail price on one of these?

Cory,
The 9 3/4" Chef,
of CPM-SV35 with the Stabilized Amboyna and my Rhino Pin etc.. is $495.00 Prepaid, with about a 4 month Delivery time.
The Rhino Chop is 440C as shown on my site is $375.00 Soon to be $395.00 because of increasing cost of everything due to Fuel cost's, Due to Speculators mostly of course!

I do the Flat Grind HT Flat finish grind then convex on the Rhino Chop as well. Rc is 58-59 on the 440C.

Thanks for the compliment.
My Chop has evolved over 13 plus years. I added in the Relief & Pinch Grip Butterfly Holes in the last two years.
download-1.jpgdownload-2.jpgdownload-3.jpgdownload-3.jpg

The 93/4" Chef and it's smaller brothers.
7 3/4" & 4 3/4" are a design I started on last September.

Some designs come together very quick, Others morp over time to find the best mix of Angles & features.

Have you been doing any blades lately?

Cheers?

Laurence

www.westsidesharpening.com/

The Rhino pin really sets off the handle, its a cool idea! I'm really liking the 9.75" chef knife, wish I lived a little closer so I could actually see it in person.

I haven't been working on a whole lot of knives lately, things have been slow... With the art shows coming up, I try to make a few wine stoppers and cutting boards since they sell for me. The last thing that came out of the shop was a carving knife set that was a quick throw together of a kit. The person didn't give me very much time to complete it, so Jantz came to the rescue.

carving.jpgCarving 2.jpg

They aren't anything special, but its another item to add to the "Things I have Made" list.

Those look special to me! Nice little Wood carver type knives!

One thing you can do it make a Bread Knife, Even the Jantz Bread knives would work great, To go with the cutting board as a set.

I've had Bread Board & Bread Knife sets sell well at Art/Craft shows.

If you are ever in S. Cal You are welcome in Santa Monica! I'll put you to work in my knife shop for a few days. LOL:biggrin:

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Back