Redwood Burl Mini-Chop Recurve

Erin Burke

SOLD - Redwood Burl Mini-Chop Recurve

Good morning Dogs,

I've been holding onto this guy until I could clean up the scratch in the sheath (visible in the first photo). Using the magic of a touch-up coat of Gel Antique, it is now all but invisible.

The plan for this knife was for a dark look that complemented the redwood burl, so I went with a blued guard and a bit of a darker etch on the blade. This redwood has a nice organic flow to it with open pores and grain. Oftentimes I will fill all pores with CA, but in this case chose not to. Because the block was stabilized by K&G, I felt comfortable leaving a more natural look and simply sealing with a multi-coat tung-oil finish.

This knife is light and fast in the hand, having a very comfortable handle and a blade that starts at ~3/16" thick at the guard with a smooth distal taper. The clip is unsharpened.

The price for this one is SOLD shipped within the US. Please contact me concerning shipping outside the US. Buyer is responsible for determining the legality of this knife within their state or country of residence. I prefer payment via Paypal. If interested -- or if you just have some questions or comments -- feel free to shoot me a PM or email. My goal is 100% satisfaction; so if for any reason the buyer is not happy with this knife, please ship it back undamaged within 30-days and I'll send a full refund.

Some Stats:
Length: 13-1/2"
Blade: 7-11/16" (Tip to Choil)
Steel: Differentially heat-treated 1095 (from Kelly Cupples) Flat-Ground
Handle: Stabilized Redwood Burl (from Mark Farley at Burl Source)
Guard: Blued mild steel (from a plate I found on the side of the road)

7680622734_d13b6ddc3d_b.jpg

7092319589_3aef26f145_b.jpg

7092379235_13da679b5b_c.jpg

Erin

Last edited:
Back