Reasonable way to engrave a blade?

Tiller

Is there a reasonable way, price and work wise, to engrave a logo or text on a blade?

I have an electro etch machine and stencils from Ernie Gospitch, but its not really the look i'm going for. I would like to have a black coated blade and have the etching stand out as bare metal, a lot like Entrek knives.

I'm imagining that a laser engraver or small cnc machine would be great for this but they are way too much money. I'm thinking a metal stencil and a dremel engraver maybe? After watching the Entrek videos on YouTube, it looks like he has a large pentograph, which i'm finding are very spendy as well.

Any ideas?

You can look on e-bay and some of the small New Hermes engravers will do what you want. Sometimes they are cheap and you can get a pattern made the way you want it.
You only need the diamond point to do this with.
Hope you find what you need and it works out.

percy

Tiller , i use a guy next door to me. He has a trophy shop , and uses a laser engraver. He is very reasonable , usually running about 10 - 15 dollars per side of the knife. He can do the handles or the blade. He has access to many patterns and pictures. It burns black on the handles and the blade. It burns deep enough to feel in the metal.You might look for a trophy shop near you , or if you want , i can get you my guys address and a phone #. I have been using him for years. Scott

Back