ramp soak PID shennanigans

funkyjedi

Well, I purchased a ramp soak pid from ebay, and got it all wired up. I turned it on and weird things happened. I cannot change the set values for the required temp, unless I change it in the program mode. Even when I do that, however, once I tell it to run, it fires up and the SET VALUE begins to drop on its own. It should stay the same, and yet it starts counting down like it's new years.

Anyone got an idea? I think the controller is bad, I have emailed the guy I bought it from, and hopefully he has an idea, but I thought I'd run it by you guys and see what you think. Its really strange to have the set point just plummet once the machine starts calling for heat.

For referrence, this is the kit I picked up:

http://www.thermomart.com/Electronic-Paragon-Kiln-parts-temperature-instrument?product_id=247

A penny for your thoughts.

chris

I saw 0 posts on this. Just wondered if you got this figured out? I just put in one myself but not this brand. Our Learning curve is about done. They are some fun toy's for sure. From the pics I could not tell the type of PID this was.

I cannot change the set values for the required temp, unless I change it in the program mode.

Thats the only way to change the set value in any PID I've seen/used.

once I tell it to run, it fires up and the SET VALUE begins to drop on its own. It should stay the same, and yet it starts counting down like it's new years.

Sounds like you have the +/- wires on the thermocouple reversed. On these PIDs, once the set value in input, and you run the PID, the display will show the temp at the thermocouple.... if heat is applied and the numbers go down, then the thermocouple is not wired correctly....reverse the thermocouple wires (on the PID terminals) and then try.

Back