quench oil recent purchase

Well I finally came to my senses and purchased some parks 50 and AAA. I know it's been asked more than a few times " where do you buy parks 50?". I went through heatbath. They were very respectful and polite. My worry was how much I would spending on shipping. The lady at heatbath gave me a number for a representative located in Washington State. This was a relief as I live in Oregon. So those that live in the Northwest the representative's name is Kelley Cupples (#1-509-945-5231). Kelley was great to work with. I cannot compare prices as this is the only place I have bought it but here is how it broke down for me. Parks 50 $150. Parks AAA $145. Total shipping $42. These were 5 gallon buckets. Also worth mentioning, he has an assortment of carbon steels on hand. As I continue to study carbon steels, heat treating and quenching oils I believe I will get my moneys worth in the end. Thought I would share should one of you be looking . Sunny

I've been wanting to try out some Parks 50. I have been using the fast 11 sec oil from McMaster Carr. I have heard nothing but good things about the Park's. The shipping cost will kill me. I'm in Arkansas

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Here is my choice
Dave,
UPS estimate is $45.50 for the UPS and $150.00 for the Parks 50
So unless something changes when the rest of the address is filled in....
The total should be $195.50
Let me know
Thanks for checking
KCC

OR this

The Duratherm G runs $60.62 / per 5 gallon pail, and the shipping to 19947 would be $46.74, for a total of $107.36. We have the product in stock, and need 1 day notice to get FedExGround to pick up.

Im on the fence. Im thinking of switching to SSteel W/ foil and quench plates. OIL AINT CHEEEP

I hear ya'll on the quench oil. Will there be any quench oil vendors at Blade in Atlanta this year? Might be the place to get some. I've been using SS with foil, but do have some 1084 I'd like to use.

Ken H>

I'm sure peanut oil works just fine, I've been using canola oil for oil hardening steels. After reading so much of the tech stuff on HT'ing, it seems like it would be good to have the "real stuff" for the max in HT'ing. We'll see how it goes and what I wind up doing. Since I do mostly SS using quench plates, maybe it's not worthwhile to setup with the "true" quenching oils.

Ken H>

Back