Problem with Craftsman grinder

jonathan creason

I've been using this grinder for over a year now with no problems, but today every time I turned the switch on it overloaded the outlet and tripped the reset. Anyone know what might cause this issue? I tried all three outlets in my garage, and it did the same thing each time.

The switch has four little contact on the inside , Mine got full of metal and wood dust, i removed mine and wired a light switch under the my table.

The switch has four little contact on the inside , Mine got full of metal and wood dust, i removed mine and wired a light switch under the my table.

I just cleaned mine this past week. Absolutely full of grinding dust and wood dust and just everything.

Thanks guys. After hitting it a couple of times with the air compressor I finally managed to get it back up and running. I'll be glad when I can finally upgrade from this thing, but that's still a ways off.

Thanks guys. After hitting it a couple of times with the air compressor I finally managed to get it back up and running. I'll be glad when I can finally upgrade from this thing, but that's still a ways off.

Glad to hear you were able to clean it out.
Those grinders are better than sandpaper and i did make my first 75 or so knives with them.
Sell each knife for enough to get the materials to make at least three more and every third knife the money goes into a
2 x 72" grinder fund coffee can until you can afford the www.cootebeltgrinder.com or better.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I used a Craftsman as well for about a year and never had that problem. Late last year I bought a Grizzly and never looked back at the Craftsman. I was amazed at the difference and the belt selection to boot.
Glad you got it running.

Back