Price check on a gigantic saw blade?

setlab

Before I go out and make a impulse buy I thought I would run this one past you guys. I found someone selling a really big and old lumber mill saw blade that stands 71" tall and he says it is 1/4" thick. Does $100 for something like that sound like a pretty good deal? I have plenty of knife steel laying around so I can't say I really need it, it would be a cool wall hanger in the barn until I did though. What do you guys think?

Seems like a good price to me. Here in New England I see them for $50 or so for 36" diameter. I have never seen one that big, that's a lot of steel for $100 if you can use it.

Sounds very cool as a decorative item. 1/4" thick and possibly some sort of nickel bearing alloy - and somewhat hard, it's going to be a bear to eventually get into knife size pieces. New steel might be cheaper when you figure in time and materials, but a picture of the big old blade along with each knife made would be very cool.

Rob!

Ya I suppose your right on actually cutting the thing up into blanks, that would be a chore. Thanks,

Back