Prayer request for my wife

Lifted you two up in church today again. I explained that they caught the infection last time and that surgery is tomorrow. we'll all be praying for you in our neck of the woods! You guys are on our prayer list and that's about all some of these little old ladies do all day...pray.

What a day, Kathy's had to be at hospital this morning for blood work at 7:30 AM. Her surgery was scheduled at 10:30 AM but was not preformed until about 12:45PM. The surgery took about an hour and fifteen minutes. The surgeon told me the surgery was pretty much what he had expected and she had done good., and she would be in recovery for about an hour and half!

Then the wait began they finally came out and said she was having low BP problems. They said this was sometimes a normal thing as the body has to make its own adjustment to having no blockage and they put her on a drip to help increase her BP. After several updates I was told the Doctor would look at her shortly and make a decision as too whether she would go to ICU, or an interim location, or she would possibly be able to go out on the floor!

They kept her back in recovery until about 7:15 or 7:30 PM. Not sure as they failed to inform me that she had been moved to ICU. About 7:45 I called back to recovery and was told. What they did not tell you she has been moved to ICU!

AH NO, they did not inform me!! Someone dropped the ball during shift change!!!!!!!!

She will stay in ICU until they can eventually ween her off the drip and her BP has raised to stabilize itself at a normal level.

When I left tonight they had her drugged up pretty good and had just gave her something for nausea. Hopefully when I return in the morning her BP will be stable. If so they may release her tomorrow!

Thank all of you for your good thoughts and prayers. We are not out of the woods yet so please keep her in your prayers! I will let you know more when we get new news!

I just found this thread. My prayers are with you and your wife. Keep us all updated as you can. If there is anything I can do, just let me know. I'm not that far away.

Ken h

I also just found this posting; Prayers for you both! A good friend of mine had this procedure done a few weeks ago and is progressing slowly but steady. Hope your wife has a complete recovery and you both are in my prayers!

Prayers sent for you and your wife. BTDT x2...and it's no fun...but the rewards are well worth it.

Well here is proof that prayers and good thoughts do work. The Lord moves in mysterious ways, I am not as well read in the Bible as my wife so if that is not exact words, I apologize in advance. However it has been a good day!

Last night before I went to sleep the ICU nurse had given me his name and the number for ICU and told me if I wanted I could call up there and see how she was doing. So just before 1 AM I called and he said she was resting and in fact doing better as he had been able to ween her off of the drip they had her on to keep her BP up. So I went to sleep feeling a little better.

When I arrived at the hospital this morning she was sitting up in the bed and looked much better. I asked how she felt and she said better than last night. I told her she looked better and asked if the Dr. had made his rounds and what did he say. About that time the nurse walks in, as my wife says he said, I would probably be going home today. Great I say! Then the nurse says the only thing that may keep you from that is this, tapping the monitor. Her O2 was down and when they tried to ween her off the oxygen it dropped more.

After standing there a minute I realized she was breathing in small quick breaths. I asked her if she was hurting and she said yes some, even though they had her on pain meds. I said well we go to do something about that breathing.

The nurse comes back in a few minutes with one of those breathing things you lift the ball in when you inhale. She breathed on it like she was instructed, and in a few minutes her breathing improved and the O2 went up. So he says she needs to do that at least every hour but, that is the normal; not the for someone wanting to go home.

To make a long story short we started doing breathing treatment every 30 minutes and every time I would see the O2 dropping I would remind her, deep slow breaths. Between the breathing treatments and me reminding her to breath. I knew she was growing very weary of me and the constant reminders to breathe. It had something to do with the looks she was giving me. I figured it would not be long before she started throwing something at me, so I kept all sharp objects out of her reach.

They released her about 1:00 this afternoon and she is home and recovering! Thank each and everyone of you who has been in her corner for her.

C Craft,
Glad to hear your wife is pulling through well.
If I understand which like plastic thing they gave here to strengthen her lungs? I had a collapsed lung in my mid twenties and it real important that you make her use that machine as often as the tell when they kick her pose.

Of course all of the other instructions are important as well. Bring a note pad and pen to take notes for check out so she stays away from there.

Glad to hear the good news.:35: My wife and I will keep you both in our prayers!

She seems to be doing better this morning so hopefully each day will be an improvement on the last!

On a side note their instructions were to uncover the incision today. About midnight last night I noticed the area around the incision was becoming very irritated by the tape. I said well technically it is the next day, so let me go ahead and get this tape off before the irritation gets worse. While getting the tape off over the bandage I said,OMG!

OMG is never good thing to say to a woman, about the incision and later scar when you are uncovering it!

As soon as it slipped out and the look went across her face, and a panicked voice says' "what's wrong, does it look that bad"! I had to tell her no I was talking about what a dufass the nurse, when re-bandaging the incision this morning, had put one piece of tape directly on the edge of the wound!

No baby it doesn't look bad, I was talking about the tape on your incision with nothing under it! I am so sorry but this is going to hurt but I got to get this tape off before it gets any more irritated!

Cliff

Great News Cliff - Prayers work! Again, if I can help with anything, just holler - I'm only an hour away. I'll hop on bike and head that way if needed.

Ken H>

Great News Cliff - Prayers work! Again, if I can help with anything, just holler - I'm only an hour away.

Ken H>

Glad to hear she is home, will continue the prayers for you both. with the addition for you to keep from saying the wrong thing!

Back