Pimp My Press!! Heavy photos!!!

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
OK, This is my custom built 25 ton forging press.

IMG_2983800x533.jpg

This is my 25 ton forging press after Mike PIMPED MY PRESS!

IMG_3037683x1024.jpg

Mike he sent me a picture of some killer air brush he did. After selling Mikes Air Brushing work on another piece of equipment I was like.... DUDE.. you gota come over and PIMP MY PRESS! He graciously agreed and came by today. :buddies:It was great seeing this thing come to life!

I told Mike I would like a dragon breathing fire and to get crazy and have fun. Basically to go nuts and do what he does so damn well. And thats being a AMAZING ARTIST!

He then went ahead and painted this right out of his twisted mind! Hes a true artist. I feel that giving him free reign to be creative and do what he thought would look cool and work on the press would be the best outcome, and man was I right.. I never would of imagined what he managed to create! The detail and depth its just amazing! I am BLOWN AWAY by the work he did. Its so much more then I ever would of imagined. and the way he made the dragon and the rest of the painting 3-D and wraps around the pillars and well. Its just toooooo COOL! :pileofskulls:

I cant thank Mike enough. And now this press is the PINNACLE of awesomeness in my shop! To say Im happy would be a huge understatement! Im ecstatic:toxdance::hurra::toxdance::hurra::toxdance:!

A few more close ups and side angle shots.. This 25 ton forging press has now been PIMPED!
:skullreaper: A prss like this needs a name! Any suggestions are welcomed!

IMG_2998683x1024.jpg
IMG_2999683x1024.jpg
IMG_3016683x1024.jpg
IMG_3044683x1024.jpg
IMG_3068683x1024.jpg
IMG_3071683x1024.jpg
IMG_3054683x1024.jpg
IMG_30671024x683.jpg
IMG_3057683x1024.jpg
IMG_3054683x1024.jpg

Awesome!

I hope the first bit of work that comes off that is some damascus that looks like dragon scales. :D

THAT'S NOT A PRESS! IT'S A WORK OF ART! Now you need to build a press to actually use, and put that one in a glass case! :) (and here I thought putting accent stripes and such on presses/hammer was cool....this blow it outta the water!) :)

Thanks guys, Im super happy with it. Am glad I got some good images of it fresh, Because it wont ever look this good again! We will be forging in it today and well. Its a tool. and like any that we have. WE USE THEM! :)

Mike is a true artist in ever sense of the word. And in many different areas, from Tattoo to knife making, scrimshaw drawing and designing, and well, He is just a really talented guy! Again I cant thank him enough for this awesome paint job!!

I may have to do a WIP soon do I can get some pictures of this dragon with some white hot steel in its jaws! :)

Here's to Mike for that amazing pimping and here's to you for comissioning him to do it
and giving him a free hand. That's the best sort of collaboration with any artist or
craftsman.

A. You're a WILD man

B. What amazing talent that Mike fella has

c. LOVE IT !!!

Cant think of a good name suggestion other that something medieval (SP?) cuz thats one sick metal masher !

Mike, I LOVE IT! Thanks man! God has blessed you with amazing talents and its awesome to see you using them!

Randy it was great meeting both you and Mike at Kevins smelt in. This press is really a beautiful piece of functional art (best kind in my opinion) . I was impressed with Mikes scrimshaw samples he had with him and boy he really delivered on your "Dragons Breath Press" congrats. Paul

Randy it was great meeting both you and Mike at Kevins smelt in. This press is really a beautiful piece of functional art (best kind in my opinion) . I was impressed with Mikes scrimshaw samples he had with him and boy he really delivered on your "Dragons Breath Press" congrats. Paul

Thanks buddy! It was great meeting you as well, we had a fun time at Kevins and I hope to be able to do it again next year!

Mike did a BANG UP job on this thing and I couldnt be happier or prouder! Its just that awesome! Mike your the man, and Im glad your using the talents you have been blessed with.

The scrim Mike has shown me is off the charts amazing, And I actually have the very first scrim Mike ever did.. Can you guess what it is? I also have another beautiful piece I commissioned him to do for Lisa to use in a western Belt buckle. Wait till you Dog's see this piece!!

Back to work for me. Grinding 6 kitchen knives today, Sparks are flyin!

God Bless
Randy

Back