Persian Fighter

bladerunner

I'll be at the ECCKS next weekend. Here's one I'll have at my table

Persian Style Fighter; A collaboration between artists

Kevin Casey- Bladesmith. The slight upward sweep of the blade gives this knife a Persian influence. The blade measures 9.5” in length (OAL 15”). The blade is forged Feather Damascus Steel and steel composition is 1080 carbon steel, 15n20 tool steel with micro layers of pure Nichol. Handle is Premium Amber Stag. The pommel has an inlaid stone of Tigers Eye. Guard material is 416ss, spacer and pommel 416ss and Bronze.

Casey_130126-web-1.jpg

David Riccardo- Engraver. The exquisite engraving is based on Persian motif designs and features forty-one 24K gold inlays on convex and concave surfaces. Both the spacer and pommel are a running feather style boarder design, which compliments the feather patterned blade steel.

Casey_130126B-web.jpg

Larry Parsons- Sheath Maker. The sheath leather is premium grade saddle skirting, with brown and peanut brittle color elephant leather inlay. The sheath is tooled using a feather design that compliments both the blade and engraving. The Concho is browned metal with a rope edge and a flower center of bronze. The sheath is completed with a natural hand rubbed oil finish and the edges are blackened for contrast.

Parsons_130126-web.jpg

SharpByCoop- Photography. Studio photographer Jim Cooper shot the pictures of this knife. With Coop’s artistic eye and sense of design, all the details and features of this unique knife are brought to life in the photos. Great pictures!

Back